• Show me the Body / Skeleton / Waste Man / Cat Flats
      May 4
      Poor Boys Bar

https://holdmyticket.com/event/336432

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat View Post
        Preservation Hall “ Big Shot” tickets available for April

http://preservationhall.tunestub.com/eventList.cfm
        wow i saw the Preservation Hall Jazz Band years ago - i might have to go there on this trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firsttimer View Post

wow i saw the Preservation Hall Jazz Band years ago - i might have to go there on this trip.
          If you have never been to Preservation Hall it is a MUST. The Big Shot tix are worth it so you don't have to wait in line and get a front or 2nd row seat

Comment

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post

If you have never been to Preservation Hall it is a MUST. The Big Shot tix are worth it so you don't have to wait in line and get a front or 2nd row seat
            Thanks - will add this to my list - this is my first trip to New Orleans.

Comment

• What seems to be the best moves for the first thursday? Doesn't seem like much is on the grids other than Phil Lesh, and I'd rather try to see something else. Golden Gate Wingmen looks fun but was hoping to find something a bit earlier in the night.

Comment

• Valparaiso Men's Chorus
                April 28
                Siberia
                10PM

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post
                  Valparaiso Men's Chorus
                  April 28
                  Siberia
                  10PM
                  Hell f*ckin yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by sswright915 View Post
                    What seems to be the best moves for the first thursday? Doesn't seem like much is on the grids other than Phil Lesh, and I'd rather try to see something else. Golden Gate Wingmen looks fun but was hoping to find something a bit earlier in the night.
                    I think Threadhead Thursday will be immediately after fest at the Botanical Gardens at City Park. But no official announcement yet. I usually see the Stanton Moore Trio on first Thursday. It's his original trio. I'm thinking about doing the Maple Leaf shows but then I listened to this and feel myself getting sucked back into the trio. LOL

Comment

What seems to be the best moves for the first thursday? Doesn't seem like much is on the grids other than Phil Lesh, and I'd rather try to see something else. Golden Gate Wingmen looks fun but was hoping to find something a bit earlier in the night.
                      Anders Osborne / Honey Island Swamp Band / Little Freddie King / Krasno and GPJr / Stanton Moore / Dr Lonnie Smith

Those are my picks over Phil Lesh, and I love the Dead
                      Last edited by Wombat; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post
                        Valparaiso Men's Chorus
                        April 28
                        Siberia
                        10PM
                        GRRR...

Comment

Anders, Stanton Moore Trio or Honey Island are my pics....just be advised, I went to Stanton Moore Trio last year and they didn't start until midnight. The opener combined with your typical "Nola Time" made for a much later night than I had intended

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat View Post

Anders Osborne / Honey Island Swamp Band / Little Freddie King / Krasno and GPJr / Stanton Moore / Dr Lonnie Smith

Those are my picks over Phil Lesh, and I love the Dead
                            just took a listen to Honey Island Swamp Band and I am absolutely LOVING them, my choice is made up.

Comment

Lonnie Smith at Snug Harbor. Was the musical highlight of my trip last year.

Comment

just took a listen to Honey Island Swamp Band and I am absolutely LOVING them, my choice is made up.
                                They are real fun - their show at DBA a couple of years ago was a highlight for me

Comment

Working...
                                X