Jazzfest Grids 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post

Anders, Stanton Moore Trio or Honey Island are my pics....just be advised, I went to Stanton Moore Trio last year and they didn't start until midnight. The opener combined with your typical "Nola Time" made for a much later night than I had intended
    Thanks for the reminder, halley. I'd forgotten and this is why I was developing a new plan as my first weekend is going to have lots of fairgrounds time so less night time. Anders is definitely a top pick but i'm going to his birthday bash second weekend so probably, maybe passing on his record release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post

Lonnie Smith at Snug Harbor. Was the musical highlight of my trip last year.
      So cool that he is still around and playing as well as ever. Last of a dying breed. I've never actually seen him play here. Maybe this year at The Fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat View Post

They are real fun - their show at DBA a couple of years ago was a highlight for me
        1st Friday HISB at dba has become a tradition for me. I think this year will be my 6th year in a row

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

So cool that he is still around and playing as well as ever. Last of a dying breed. I've never actually seen him play here. Maybe this year at The Fest.
          Wait, if that's never seen him play, GO SEE HIM. If that's never seen him here, probably should go see him anyway. Then you can do both him AND stanton 3.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/events/314515309196088/
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruby K View Post

Wait, if that's never seen him play, GO SEE HIM. If that's never seen him here, probably should go see him anyway. Then you can do both him AND stanton 3.
              I've seen him play many times, just not here in New Orleans. As for Stanton, love him but I can go see him whenever I want. I try to go see other artists besides the locals during The Fest. Anyway I believe that I have to work that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by sswright915 View Post

just took a listen to Honey Island Swamp Band and I am absolutely LOVING them, my choice is made up.
                Just hope guitarist Chris Mule is back by then as they are not nearly as good without him. He has been sidelined with injuries from an accident.

Comment

• Another Special Thursday alternative.

Comment

• hope for another Shake Em Up show during Fest. Going to need to add this little event to my cubes for that day.

Comment

• Comment

• Just FYI for those considering going - there are apparently discounted ($99.99) NOLA CRAWFISH FEST VIP tickets at COSTCO.

Comment

• Maple Leaf 30 & under AllStar Squad
                          Alvin Ford Jr(Trombone Shorty)
                          Mononeon (Prince)
                          Brandon Butler (Pretty Lights)
                          Ari Teitel (Cha Wa)
                          Naughty Professor Horns
                          & Some very Special Guests

4/27 at 1 am

Comment

• Originally posted by ztulane View Post
                            Just FYI for those considering going - there are apparently discounted ($99.99) NOLA CRAWFISH FEST VIP tickets at COSTCO.
                            That's a 1 day vip ticket which will cost $171 on the website and about $110 with tax at Costco. Also if you bought the 3 day vip on the website, it would be about $410 compared to $330 for 3 vips at costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

That's a 1 day vip ticket which will cost $171 on the website and about $110 with tax at Costco. Also if you bought the 3 day vip on the website, it would be about $410 compared to $330 for 3 vips at costco.
                              Dang that's a good deal. I'm holding out for another Groupon offer!

Comment

• Yak Attack
                                One Eyed Jacks
                                Apr 30 - late night

https://wl.seetickets.us/event/YAK-A...y=BoomBoomRoom

Comment

Working...
                                X