Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rance Allen to Perform at the 30th Annual
    Johnny Jackson, Jr., Gospel Is Alive! Celebration

Contemporary gospel star Rance Allen will be the headline performer at the 30th annual Johnny Jackson, Jr., Gospel Is Alive! Celebration, a concert that takes place Monday, April 29, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the new Franklin Avenue Baptist Church (8282 I-10 Service Rd., New Orleans, LA 70126). Admission is free.

https://www.jazzandheritage.org/what...ospel-is-alive

Comment

• It's not on their website, or the gridzzzzz, so may not be 1000% certain, but here's The Prime Example's calendar via the most amazing WWOZ. Sharing because I had a great evening there listening to and getting to chat with Donald Harrison, Jr. a few years back.

The Arthur Mitchell Quintet (8 & 10PM)

Tuesday, April 23 at 8:00pm
      Roderick Paulin Quintet (9 & 11PM)

Wednesday, April 24 at 9:00pm
      Delfaeyo Marsalis (8 & 10)

Thursday, April 25 at 8:00pm
      Bill Summers Sextet (9 & 11 PM)

Friday, April 26 at 9:00pm
      Joe Dyson Quintet (9 & 11PM)

Saturday, April 27 at 9:00pm
      Maurice Mo Betta Brown (9 & 11PM)

Sunday, April 28 at 9:00pm
      The Arthur Mitchell Quintet (8 & 10PM)

Tuesday, April 30 at 8:00pm
      Max Moran Trio (9 & 11PM)

Wednesday, May 1 at 9:00pm
      Alexey Marti Quintet (9 & 11PM)

Thursday, May 2 at 9:00pm
      Nicholas Payton (9 & 11PM)

Friday, May 3 at 9:00pm
      Herlin Riley (9 & 11PM)

Saturday, May 4 at 9:00pm

Comment

• I would LOVE to know who's playing with Nicholas and with Herlin.

Comment

• Apr 25 Maple Leaf Show = sold out (Krasno, GPJr, Vidacovich)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat View Post
            Apr 25 Maple Leaf Show = sold out (Krasno, GPJr, Vidacovich)
            Well of course the only Johnny/GPjr gig sells out. Respect!!! And my advice to anyone that doesn't want to miss the first song or two at Maple Leaf. BUY MAPLE LEAF TIX IN ADVANCE. They now hold space for reserved ticket holders and make others wait till the show gets going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Picklemic View Post

Well of course the only Johnny/GPjr gig sells out. Respect!!! And my advice to anyone that doesn't want to miss the first song or two at Maple Leaf. BUY MAPLE LEAF TIX IN ADVANCE. They now hold space for reserved ticket holders and make others wait till the show gets going.
              good to know thanks. and thanks for all the shows you tape. was just listening to 1 from archive.

Comment

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post

good to know thanks. and thanks for all the shows you tape. was just listening to 1 from archive.
                No problem, thanks for listening.

Comment

• Grids have chapter soul Super Jam at Hi Ho on Tuesday 4/30. But the Hi Ho Facebook page has it on Wednesday 5/1. Anyone know which is correct.

Id prefer Tuesday be correct.

Comment

• I believe Ruby K talked with Calvin Johnson and said it was Wednesday. Going to check. Yup, the Chapter:Soul page has Wednesday.
                    Last edited by funkkjunkie; 04-13-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                      I believe Ruby K talked with Calvin Johnson and said it was Wednesday. Going to check. Yup, the Chapter:Soul page has Wednesday.
                      Indeed. Sorry King. This wed slot is getting PACKED.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruby K View Post

This wed slot is getting PACKED.
                        Indeed it is.

I'm almost at the point where I'm glad Chazfest isn't happening, so I'm free to see other stuff, but I'll still be suffering from plenty of FOMS that day.

Comment

• Right. And re Wed day, Donald Harrison just announced via fb some kind of daytime fest at the Donald Harrison Sr. Pavillion on Wed.

Comment

• Rebirth
                            Maple Leaf
                            Apr 23

https://www.mapleleafbar.com/april

Comment

• WooDou Fest
                              Chickie Wah Wah
                              May 2

http://www.chickiewahwah.com/calendar/index.php

Charlie Wooten & Mike Doussan w/ special guest...

Bassist for Royal Southern Brotherhood, Bonerama and bandleader/bassist for Charlie Wooton project and Zydefunk. Like many of the artists born and raised in Louisiana. Charlie Wooton has hand crafted his own style of bass playing that is comprised of all the different sounds and rhythms that make up Louisiana's versatile musical styles. In high school he was elected to the Louisiana All-State Jazz Band for two years and studied under Ellis Marcelis, Billy Taylor, and Kim Stone.

In August of 2017, Mike Doussan teamed up with Roxy Bergeron of CSB Roxy Music and Bassist/Producer Charlie Wooton to record a collection of all new original songs. Mike and Charlie spent weeks arranging and charting the new tunes before entering Music Shed Studios in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans. With drummer Doug Belote, keyboardist Keiko Komaki, and engineer Ben Lorio, the group laid down 13 base tracks in two and half days. This was the foundation for the new record to be named “Yesterday's Troubles.”

Comment

• Wednesday is supremely stacked. The FOMS is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X