Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, which BNA WOULD you spend $175pp (plus fees, of course) to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bRETT View Post

It's looking more likely that the Stones will release something new before the tour, so there may be a song or two.
    Hmmmmm...$175 pp plus charges for a new song or two?

Comment

Originally posted by jpstacy2001 View Post

We are currently planning on driving to Lafayette for Festival International and a 4-day bike tour called Cycle Zydeco https://www.cyclezydeco.org/.
      i donít think itís a possibility for me in 2019 but I think Iíd like to see about doing this another year. Thanks for mentioning it!

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

Festival Internationale in Lafayette is FREE that day... oh wait, not sure about Thursday (but we don't know real scoop about Stones yet, either...)
        FI is always free, but not sure if its happening on Thursday
        Festival International is the weekend before (first weekend of JF) April 24-28

Comment

Originally posted by Omardad View Post

Festival International is the weekend before (first weekend of JF) April 24-28
          That IS the first weekend of the jazzfest, Omardad.

Comment

Honestly - I'd rather see an up and coming band that's working hard to earn my American $, versus paying $175 for ANY one band. But, me, I'm a grizzled old fan, who's seen a lot of the Geezer Acts back in the day... Not to say they wouldn't be a good time, but that's A LOT of money to be entertained for one show. Whew!

Ah, well. It's only money, right? And ya can't take it witchya...
            Ain't that why we work for our living? To have fun and hear great live music.

By the way, I see what you did there, Rev: " the guy who... doesn't know zydeco from snap beans, ". Well played, sirs!

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
              Good for you! That bike ride sounds like fun, I've always been tempted....

In fact the guy who mows my Mom's lawn, who doesn't know zydeco from snap beans, but rides, just showed me a brochure about it yesterday...
              ďĒdoesnít know Zydeco from snap beansĒĒ nice play on words. We first saw a brochure for the ride in St Louis a couple of years ago and Iíve been trying to add it to my annual spring trip to Louisiana ever since This year it just happened to line up nicely with Jazzfest so i get to do both.

Comment

It sounds like fun, but a bit pricey for me. I don't need a guided tour of SW Louisiana zydeco events, & can ride my bike whenever
                But if it was cheaper, getting together with a bunch of folks for cycling & zydeco could be excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by freebo View Post
                  Honestly - I'd rather see an up and coming band that's working hard to earn my American $, versus paying $175 for ANY one band. But, me, I'm a grizzled old fan, who's seen a lot of the Geezer Acts back in the day... Not to say they wouldn't be a good time, but that's A LOT of money to be entertained for one show. Whew!

Ah, well. It's only money, right? And ya can't take it witchya...
                  Ain't that why we work for our living? To have fun and hear great live music.

By the way, I see what you did there, Rev: " the guy who... doesn't know zydeco from snap beans, ". Well played, sirs!
                  Good point. Guys like the Stones created their masterpieces when they were young upstarts trying to prove themselves. Now they're Show Biz Royalty, raking in huge $$$ on their reputation & past glories

Comment

great review. Nobody's ass gets kissed here. Im going tomorrow night. This review will stick with me for that.
                    Rock Hall of Fame group benefited from the additions of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but not enough to save the concert at the SAP Center In San Jose.

Comment

Sounds like the guy misses Lindsey Buckingham. I wonder if he knows there were 5 guitar players that preceded Lindsay.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                        great review. Nobody's ass gets kissed here. Im going tomorrow night. This review will stick with me for that.
                        I liked 'em when they were a straight up blues band. My first electric rock concert, Fillmore East: Fleetwood Mac, Country Joe & the Fish, 10 Years After, & maybe Procul Harum (?)

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                          Sounds like the guy misses Lindsey Buckingham. I wonder if he knows there were 5 guitar players that preceded Lindsay.
                          In fairness, the band didn't explode in popularity until Lindsay Buckingham came on board.

That's not a slight to the quality of the years that preceded him, but I would guess that 70% of the audience at that reviewed Fleetwood Mac show had never heard anything from the Peter Green era (until the band played a song live that night).

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

In fairness, the band didn't explode in popularity until Lindsay Buckingham came on board.

That's not a slight to the quality of the years that preceded him, but I would guess that 70% of the audience at that reviewed Fleetwood Mac show had never heard anything from the Peter Green era (until the band played a song live that night).
                            Yep, true that. Ive been giving a FM history lesson for my girl today and she had no idea. None. Heard Oh Well but didnt realize that was FM. She loves Crowded House though. I like every version. Peter brought something, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwin brought something else. Bob Welch another thing (I still love Hypnotized, my favorite FM song).
                            I saw them and got tear gassed in Stockton (Bob Welch era). Saw the completely bogus version at Winterland. Saw Bob Welch drag Stevie Nicks on stage at Cal Jam 2 for her onstage debut (then watched a guy die climbing a fence around some trailers). I love em. Their albums were always great. Kiln House. Then Play On. Bare Trees. Even loved Tusk.
                            Im stoked for tomorrow. Floor seats too. (Thank you Do it for the Love).

Comment

Peter Green was easily the best guitarist to play with Mac...and one of the best guitarists ever out of the UK, sitting alongside Clapton and Page. Totally tragic what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

Well, that was kind of my point. I would expect a music 'journalist' to have some historical context behind his review. Or maybe the writer was just a fan ? I never heard of the writer or Mercury News. As long as Fleetwood ( Mick ) and Mac ( John McVie ) are in the band, the rest is just icing on the cake. Although I'm a big fan of the Nicks/Buckingham era, Bare Trees is my personal favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X