Christmas Delights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Delights

I'm thinking to pass the time while we wait for one of our earliest jazziest lineup announcements ever, what are your favorite Christmas songs or albums? I'm loving Elvis's Merry Christmas, Baby. Wish I could actually see him singing it.

Also loving Lauren Daigle's Christmas cd, Behold. Some of the songs have a bit of a Louisiana twist and she is from Louisiana. Love this one.

Comment

Always play these 3 albums through the season: Robert Walter's, Christmas Gumbo and Leon Redbone's Christmas Island.

Comment

Charlie Brown Christmas
        Beach Boys Christmas Album
        Louis Armstrong Christmas Album

Comment

Peggy Lee's "Christmas Carousel" album; Leon Redbone's "Christmas Island" album, this has the 'Frosty the Snowman' duet with Dr. John!

Comment

I always play Johny Winters version of Please Come Home For Christmas, each year.

And lots of Satchmo reminds me of when we were young and Pappa Gards would be half pissed after Christmas lunch and put on Satch live stuff and then play air trombone pretending here was Trummy Young

When I was talking to Craigory Klein before Dads Ashes thing. I told him the above story and he smiled and told me that Trummy Young had been one of his heroes.

Comment

I only play Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" as holiday music 12-15-78,( Winterland). I get most holiday music off the radio, KVMR, WWOZ.
              my kids hate me, now my Grands, but they all know that somewhere around this time, they are gonna hear it "shooting around the moon, shifting into fourth"....

Comment

I always liked Amy Grant's Christmas album.

Comment

I like this one very much. Especially when its very nipply outside.

Comment

Comment

I'm a fan of the James Taylor Christmas album.

Comment

Columbia put out a CD called "Creole Christmas" in the 90s. Lots of great tracks by Irma, Pete Fountain, Dr John and more. Here's Toussaint's hip version of White Xmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemi...J90RSIKtH2NyKQ

Comment

Originally posted by bRETT View Post
                          Columbia put out a CD called "Creole Christmas" in the 90s. Lots of great tracks by Irma, Pete Fountain, Dr John and more. Here's Toussaint's hip version of White Xmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemi...J90RSIKtH2NyKQ
                          I have that one. Love it.

Comment

I finally got my Christmas light array up. Some traditional holiday music, ah the life...

Comment

Sigh. I miss Phish 1.0, even 1.5. A shell of their former selves. Thanks for the traditional holiday music and video, Benny.

I see a local Merriweather show every other year or so, instead of 5-10 through the mid-90s and 00s, and am disappointed by the difference/loss each time, despite the detailed, glowing reviews by the kids who know only 3.0 in person.

That Fest set a few years back, woof. And a set break?? ("stand and wait here, we'll be back in a bit") With 11 other stages cranking?? The height of ignorance/arrogance.
                              Last edited by carlindj; 6 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X