Dave Matthews Band and Alanis Morrisette confirmed for fest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Matthews Band and Alanis Morrisette confirmed for fest

Saw this elsewhere. I have no idea if it's true.

Yes, I know you don't go for BNAs, but I thought this would interest others.

Originally posted by Quint View Post

Crap. Now the place is going to be full of old people!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Crap. Now the place is going to be full of old people!
      Not like all the teenagers that will be there for The Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBreeze View Post

Not like all the teenagers that will be there for The Stones.
        Ha! There will be some teenagers there for The Stones.

Comment

Zero interest in either one. One of the worst days ever was the first time DMB played back in the 90s. Huge crowds for mediocre act. Hope they are not playing on Stones Day!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
            One of the worst days ever was the first time DMB played back in the 90s. Huge crowds for mediocre act. Hope they are not playing on Stones Day!
            Yes, DMB in 2001 is still the most crowded day at fest ever, worse than Elton John a few years ago.

But since then, DMB played in '05, '06, '09, and '13, and Dave & Tim Reynolds played in '17. And none of those crowds were anything like '01. He's just not the draw he was back in 2001, and hasn't been for a long time.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Yes, DMB in 2001 is still the most crowded day at fest ever, worse than Elton John a few years ago.

But since then, DMB played in '05, '06, '09, and '13, and Dave & Tim Reynolds played in '17. And none of those crowds were anything like '01. He's just not the draw he was back in 2001, and hasn't been for a long time.
              Yeah I figured that. I don't want him on Stones Day because I have no desire to see him. Never got what people see or hear in his music. He seems like a nice enough guy but his music just seems so vanilla and boring. Same with Jack Johnson. And I like plenty of singer songwriter types but not those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post

If she plays Jagged Little Pill in full, count me in!!!

Comment

I love both these bands. I'm in!

Back in 2006 when I was a casual visitor to NOLA (we always came different parts of the years, never for JF before), DMB was the draw that got me to Jazz Fest. I was hooked from the energy outside the gates before we even got in. I probably stayed for half his set, and then took off for other stages, taking it all in

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

I think the huge crowd in 2001 was partly due to Mystikal also.

Comment

Other big name artists who will be at JF this year:

Bruce Springsteen
                      Taylor Swift
                      Jimmy Buffett
                      Van Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post

I think the huge crowd in 2001 was partly due to Mystikal also.
                        Impossible. NOJHF does not cater to hip hop or their audience.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post
                          Other big name artists who will be at JF this year:

Bruce Springsteen
                          Taylor Swift
                          Jimmy Buffett
                          Van Morrison
                          I'll throw Santana in there. He's touring the southeast right around the first weekend of Jazzfest.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Yeah I figured that. I don't want him on Stones Day because I have no desire to see him. Never got what people see or hear in his music. He seems like a nice enough guy but his music just seems so vanilla and boring. Same with Jack Johnson. And I like plenty of singer songwriter types but not those two.
                            I concur and it isn't for lack of trying - somehow those two never grabbed me. However, I did like Tim Reynolds' other project TR3

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

I'll throw Santana in there. He's touring the southeast right around the first weekend of Jazzfest.
                              I haven't seen Santana in a while. They are always entertaining. I hope you are right. They are due.

Comment

Working...
                              X