No announcement yet.

NOLA CRAWFISH FESTIVAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a lot of people going on Mon and Wed. Nice lineup both days.Hope that I can get off work!
    Last edited by jjazznj; 1 week ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=Picklemic;n827009]

Line up looks good to me. Going to be interesting who is in Anders band. So who is in The Iceman Special?[/QUOTE

I'm pretty sure that Tork will be on keys. I have heard that the plan is to have Anders & Tork begin the set and then add players as the set goes on. I would expect George Porter, Jr. to one of those players.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
        Iss a lot of people going on Mon and Wed. Nice lineup both days.Hope that I can get off work!
        Well, we're Threadheads and the Threadhead patry usually wins out on Tuesday! This year we have the new location of Deutches Haus and I believe that will mean a bit bigger crowd allowed inside since the space is bigger!

Comment

The schedule has been adjusted since first posted as Anders was originally listed for Monday. Shaggy must be finalizing things...

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
            The schedule has been adjusted since first posted as Anders was originally listed for Monday. Shaggy must be finalizing things...
            The original "schedule" didn't have dates assigned to it. Shaggy told me back in December that Anders would be playing on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              Why in the world did they name that song "Zydeco radio"????????

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

Why in the world did they name that song "Zydeco radio"????????

It's blasphemy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Jordan. You really need to think about doing the Patry...
                  I've done the patry before and might again this year, but it is often a decision for me based on who I have with me and on music

Comment

What is the venue like, seating or standing only?

Comment

Originally posted by mrSteve View Post
                      What is the venue like, seating or standing only?
                      The Crawfish fest is SRO. There are a few picnic tables outside, however.

Comment

The parking lot where it's held is mostly gravel, which may be even harder on the feet than pavement.

I'm not certain about the crawfish fest, but for most of the events held there, the restaurant is open. There's lots of seating inside - you won't be able to hear the music, but it's a place to rest your feet. The restaurant also offers a full bar, additional beer selections, and a (likely limited) BBQ menu. And real bathrooms.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                          The parking lot where it's held is mostly gravel, which may be even harder on the feet than pavement.

I'm not certain about the crawfish fest, but for most of the events held there, the restaurant is open. There's lots of seating inside - you won't be able to hear the music, but it's a place to rest your feet. The restaurant also offers a full bar, additional beer selections, and a (likely limited) BBQ menu. And real bathrooms.
                          The restaurant has been open for the Crawfish fest the last two years.

Comment

There was also an outdoor seating area in the back

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                              Excellent! Delighted that Anders is on Wednesday. May go Tuesday as well, unless anything else is happening that day...
                              hahaha shut up....you know where you'll be Tuesday mister lol!

Comment

They really do a great job at this fest. And if you don't get to eat crawfish very often, Shaggy's are about as good as it gets here in town. And the bbq is always pretty solid at Central City BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X