NOLA CRAWFISH FESTIVAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    They really do a great job at this fest. And if you don't get to eat crawfish very often, Shaggy's are about as good as it gets here in town. And the bbq is always pretty solid at Central City BBQ.
    I agree. It's a very comfortable venue.

Comment

Does anyone have a promo code for this festival?

Comment

Originally posted by CajunHeel View Post
        Does anyone have a promo code for this festival?
        I'm not sure there is a promo code.

Comment

It gave an option to enter one when checking out...

Comment

Originally posted by CajunHeel View Post
            It gave an option to enter one when checking out...
            I think it's just a standard part of the ticketing page. There was no promo code, cajunheel.

Comment

Last year there was a Groupon special at one stage, but there were some problems with obtaining or printing tickets, but we got them eventually.

There also used to be a special price if you purchased your tickets a well in advance at the venue the last couple of years.

Not sure if that is the case this year? But i intend to get someone to check for me

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                Last year there was a Groupon special at one stage, but there were some problems with obtaining or printing tickets, but we got them eventually.

There also used to be a special price if you purchased your tickets a well in advance at the venue the last couple of years.

Not sure if that is the case this year? But i intend to get someone to check for me
                The Early Bird special is over. Tickets are still reasonably priced.

Comment

There’s something about this “Fest” that gets under my skin a bit. I’m heading down this year with two of my sisters (yay!), and one has never been to NOLA before. I would love to expose them to a great crawfish boil, but this thing just sounds so mercenary. Every REAL boil I’ve been to has either been free or reasonably priced, and it includes all of the beer and bugs you can handle; none of this “here’s your one plate and there’s the cash bar” BS. I’m happy for Shaggy and I understand that people need to make a buck during the Fest, but I’ve just never liked the vibe of that thing.

If anyone hears of a REAL boil during the Fest, holla!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossvegas View Post
                    There’s something about this “Fest” that gets under my skin a bit. I’m heading down this year with two of my sisters (yay!), and one has never been to NOLA before. I would love to expose them to a great crawfish boil, but this thing just sounds so mercenary. Every REAL boil I’ve been to has either been free or reasonably priced, and it includes all of the beer and bugs you can handle; none of this “here’s your one plate and there’s the cash bar” BS. I’m happy for Shaggy and I understand that people need to make a buck during the Fest, but I’ve just never liked the vibe of that thing.

Patry?
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Patry?
                      "free or reasonably priced"

Comment

You can always host your own. There are places that will sell the mud bugs cooked with the corn and potatoes. Just need a table and some newspaper.

Ross, Stacey says hey.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews, y’all. Have never attended this fest but Monday and Wednesday are on the radar. Might be a bit preoccupied on Tuesday.

Comment

YYR in that Shaggy has found a way to make a good living. But I like that home boy makes good. Yeah, the patry is all you can eat. Fiya fest was one and done or pay for more. Same as nola crawfish fest. Same as Michael Arnone's New Jersey crawfish fest. You can buy more poundage or you could always pay for VIP and get all the crawfish you want. And the lineup is great imo! But I'm betting you'll find an all you can eat boil that works for your fam!

Comment

I don't know for sure but I don't think Shaggy has made much money on his crawfish festivals. I spoke with some people last year and judging by the attendance (it rained one day) we all thought he probably lost money last year. Also, regarding the vibe, it is MUCH better ever since he moved it to Central City BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

"free or reasonably priced"
                                Seriously, Greg? You don't think the Patry is reasonably priced? Free beer, free wine, free moonshine, free waters and soft drinks. Free breakfast, free boil, free jambalaya, music from noon to 10pm. Plus being surrounded by Threadheads sharing the love. Save up your bucks and come play with us!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X