NOLA CRAWFISH FESTIVAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossvegas View Post

Those are the kind of boils Im talking about. I think my shvesters are heading home the day of the Patry, so well keep looking for something old-skool and friendly!
    Some of the bars have them. Cosimo's in the French quarter did last year, as did 45 Tchop (near Tips). Buy a beer or two and the boil is free.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Yep. The new Rampart line will get you within a few blocks.
      A short hop skip and a jump from the end of the line, with shade provided by the overpass enroute

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

Some of the bars have them. Cosimo's in the French quarter did last year, as did 45 Tchop (near Tips). Buy a beer or two and the boil is free.
        R Bar as well.

Comment

Sha seems to be my hookup for all local boils. Many years ago, she invited me to a boil on the levee in Audobon Park (hosted by somebody from the Iguanas) and it remains one of my fave NOLA memories. One streetlight illuminating the entire thing...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

R Bar as well.
            your friends will never forget this place...ha...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

I went to one of those. It was a block or so from the fairgrounds. The year that I went the Osborne, Fohl & Sansone trio played but it was really cold that day. Lots of rain that weekend also. Might have been the coldest Jazzfest I have ever attended.
              Oh man I remember that fest. It was RIDICULOUSLY cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post

Oh man I remember that fest. It was RIDICULOUSLY cold!
                And I didn't bring a jacket or a pair of jeans. Miserable. Lesson learned.

Comment

Anyone know if this event is likely to sell out? I am flying in that day and our group has interest in going, but with potential weather and travel issues, I would love to avoid committing too early.

Thanks

Comment

The days I've been it wasn't a sellout and didn't get crowded until evening. Terrence Higgins's Swampgrease added to the Monday lineup! YYR!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wood View Post
                      Anyone know if this event is likely to sell out? I am flying in that day and our group has interest in going, but with potential weather and travel issues, I would love to avoid committing too early.

Thanks
                      I have been several times at both the new and old venue.

There is lots of room at the BBQ place, bad weather would make it problematic though

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

I have been several times at both the new and old venue.

There is lots of room at the BBQ place, bad weather would make it problematic though
                          That's why I never buy advance tix. No desire to hang there in the rain while other things are going on indoors. They do a great job though with the music and the crawfish.

Comment

Working...
                          X