Lineup will be out Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfnola View Post

Wow, that's pretty surprising. They sell out two nights out here at the Fox in Oakland with ease, and based on how much they tour they likely do well everywhere they go. Wonder why those shows aren't selling.
    its New Orleans...;-)

Comment

Wow, that's pretty surprising. They sell out two nights out here at the Fox in Oakland with ease, and based on how much they tour they likely do well everywhere they go. Wonder why those shows aren't selling.
      The shows being on a Monday and Tuesday is the reason that I am not going. The shows in Oakland are on a Friday and a Saturday. There are no other stops on the tour where they are playing two nights early in the week and precious few shows they are playing anywhere early in the week. Whoever is in charge of booking the tour should know better.

Comment

its Friday!!...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
          its Friday!!...;-)
          They say that time flies by when you're just a' tug tug tuggin' away!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

They say that time flies by when you're just a' tug tug tuggin' away!!!
            why so mean?

Comment

January is a tough month for tourism here in NOLA. After holidays and before Mardi Gras. There are not enough locals into TTB to sellout The Saenger for two nights on a Mon and Tues, especially at the prices that they charge. If the shows were later in the year and/or on the weekend they'd sell better. Not stopping me from going both nights! I prefer to go to shows during the week. Less people out so easier to get a drink or bite to eat before the shows.
              Last edited by jjazznj; 6 days ago.

Comment

By the way Festy, I officially volunteer to help build the cubes this year (mine are more readable than yours) and if I'm in on the process I can minimize my personal conflicts (which should be good for everyone, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

January is a tough month for tourism here in NOLA. After holidays and before Mardi Gras. There are not enough locals into TTB to sellout The Saenger for two nights on a Mon and Tues, especially at the prices that they charge. If the shows were later in the year and/or on the weekend they'd sell better. Not stopping me from going both nights! I prefer to go to shows during the week. Less people out so easier to get a drink or bite to eat before the shows.

This is spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if they were only playing one midweek show and it didn't sell out.

There ARE a lot of people who would go to see this band two nights in a row despite the high ticket price, but, most likely live out of state and would need fo be enticed to travel to the shows. Being I'm the mode of the week drastically reduces the number of people willing to do that and opposed to a Fri and Saymt night run.

Comment

Its 5:45 Eastern time on Friday...
                    Well?????

Comment

Keith Spera is going to look pretty foolish and gullible if the “Stones” are not playing.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                        Keith Spera is going to look pretty foolish and gullible if the “Stones” are not playing.
                        Somnambulist post.

Comment

We’ll know Friday

Comment

Refresh my frequently malfunctioning memory, please. How long after the initial lineup is the schedule for both weekends announced? I'm going both weekends, but asking for a friend.

Comment

When the lineup is announced, it's by day. BTW, I coined the term "dailies" in reference to the jazzfest many years ago, back when we got the lineup and later the dailies and later the cubes.. We don't usually see the cubes, or daily schedule, until some time in March. But swag will have the definitive answer! After he gets home from the game!

Comment

The cubes should be out March 26, or maybe the 25th if First Thursday pushes it up a day.
                                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X