No announcement yet.

Expensive Winos and Foundations of Funk w/Keith Richards and Ivan at Fillmore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive Winos and Foundations of Funk w/Keith Richards and Ivan at Fillmore

Might be the most difficult Jazzfest late night ticket ever imo.

Are you messing with me??

what night is your guess?

Comment

Not messing with you. This is 100% happening. Not sure on the date. Jojo was bumped from the Foundation of Funk show for Keith/Ivan.

Also, no WSP this year because Dave Matthew's will he a bigger draw, and they wont book both. Lastly, the stones gave a $100,000 discount to be able to play past 7pm.

Comment

I am on my phone so I am limited with looking at dates...so perhaps Wednesday night...

thanks for the updates!!

Comment

There's no way Keith Richards can hold down the guitar parts on his own in Foundation of Funk.

Comment

Finally, a night show that excites me, assuming Tuggs isn't trippin.

A couple thoughts.....who is in the Winos 2019 ? Waddy ?? How much will tickets cost ( I may not want to know the answer to that one ).

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
              There's no way Keith Richards can hold down the guitar parts on his own in Foundation of Funk.
              I'm not sure about that. He is the riff master and has great timing. Could be epic.

Comment

I saw the Expensive Winos at Henry J. Kaiser in Oakland in the early 90's and, man, what a great show. It was pure rock and roll and I went to work the next day feeling like I had been washed clean.

Comment

if true...my guess very tuff ticket...and $$$...north of $100 for GA...I am also beginning to think the fairgrounds tickets will sell out very fast if capped at 50,000...because how many will already be taken...??

would love to hear this one...

The Rolling Stones - Thru And Thru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jbgPHAQVbk

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                    Finally, a night show that excites me, assuming Tuggs isn't trippin.

A couple thoughts.....who is in the Winos 2019 ? Waddy ?? How much will tickets cost ( I may not want to know the answer to that one ).
                    The Tug man has been pretty much on the mail so far and doing well.

As for ticket price for Winos that will be ugly.

We may get a geezer alert for that?

I have the album somewhere and will have to dig it out.

Hi Michael

Comment

Completely false.

Comment

Keith has enough trouble keeping his sh*t together with The Stones. Other than a sit-in or two, I don't see him doing anything outside of that while he's on tour.

Comment

I saw The Winos 3 times, twice at The Beacon in NYC and once with The Mats opening at The Meadowlands. Always a blast! Keith would have no problem playing that music again. It's not all that different than The Stones, just a little sludgier.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'm not sure about that. He is the riff master and has great timing. Could be epic.
                            If it were rock or blues, I'm sure he'd be fine, but funk, in particular The Meters' brand of funk, is a very different style.

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

If it were rock or blues, I'm sure he'd be fine, but funk, in particular The Meters' brand of funk, is a very different style.
                              Keith played with Zigaboo in The New Barbarians. Keith, Ronnie, Zigaboo, Ian, Bobby and Stanley. I saw them at MSG in NYC. Fun show but fans got rowdy at the end as Mick never showed as the rumors were that all of The Stones would show. Not much funk was played though. The Winos could get funky at times like on Body Talk
                              Last edited by jjazznj; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X