No announcement yet.

Expensive Winos and Foundations of Funk w/Keith Richards and Ivan at Fillmore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stones laid down some funky stuff on Black and Blue thru Emotional Rescue.

Comment

There's just a difference between playing some funky stuff and playing 2+ hours of Meters tunes in a catalog that extends far deeper than Cissy Strut. At his age, do you really think Keith wants to put in the time to learn, let alone rehearse all of those tunes?

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
        There's just a difference between playing some funky stuff and playing 2+ hours of Meters tunes in a catalog that extends far deeper than Cissy Strut. At his age, do you really think Keith wants to put in the time to learn, let alone rehearse all of those tunes?
        I was thinking it was Foundation of Funk opening for the X Pensive Winos...??...who even knows if this is for real...??

Comment

I doubt it is. This is just some stupid message board rumor. "Let's see...Keith Richards will be in town, and Ivan Neville is in town, and Ivan Neville used to be in Keith's band...so clearly, Keith's band is going to play a show."

Meanwhile, have the X-Pensive Winos played live in the last 26 years?

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
            A good example of this is when Anders played with foundations of funk. Super boring.

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!1!

WHO DARES QUESTION THE GRAND PRONOUNCEMENTS OF THE OMNICIENT, OMNIPOTENT Tuggernuts???

Don't you ingrates know that good ol' Tugger was the only soul alive to boldly, bravely prophesy that the Rolling Stones were going to play the 50th anniversary of Jazzfest?

It's not like 20 other people on this very board have been saying the exact same bloody thing since before the last notes of Trombone Shorty had faded out over the Acura Stage last year.

"Heard it here first! Mark it down!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                BLASPHEMY!!1!

WHO DARES QUESTION THE GRAND PRONOUNCEMENTS OF THE OMNICIENT, OMNIPOTENT Tuggernuts???

Don't you ingrates know that good ol' Tugger was the only soul alive to boldly, bravely prophesy that the Rolling Stones were going to play the 50th anniversary of Jazzfest?

It's not like 20 other people on this very board have been saying the exact same bloody thing since before the last notes of Trombone Shorty had faded out over the Acura Stage last year.

"Heard it here first! Mark it down!!!"
                Iím Sorry but Who is this?
                Do We Know You?
                Are You Authorized To Be Here?

Comment

If you go to the track and put 5 bucks each on 9 of the 10 horses running, then yeah, I guess technically most of the time you can then strut around telling everyone within earshot, "Oh man, well I guess I sure called the winner on that one, right?" but you shouldn't be surprised if no one is too impressed with your self-proclaimed "Inside Scoop".
                  Last edited by MormonMatthew; 01-08-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

A good example of this is when Anders played with foundations of funk. Super boring.
                    Agreed. The show with Cleary and Anders at Mardi Gras in '17 was terrible and one of the worst performances I've heard from Anders, far worse than anything I heard from back when he was always wasted. This show was a shining example of why bands need to rehearse.

Comment

Expensive Winos is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

I enjoyed Anders with FOF last year at the Howlin' Wolf. And the Bonerama Horns also sounded good.

Comment

Uncle buck dabs where you get your fake news from?

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                            If you go to the track and put 5 bucks each on 9 of the 10 horses running, then yeah, I guess technically most of the time you can then strut around telling everyone within earshot, "Oh man, well I guess I sure called the winner on that one, right?" but you shouldn't be surprised if no one is too impressed with your self-proclaimed "Inside Scoop".
                            I'll take all the inside scoops I can get - even if some end up being wrong - So far, they are way better than my guesses

Comment

Wow this is big news ? Yes FOF is at the Filmore is in the works ! Rumor is similar lineup to the band that played Lockn and it will be great waaaay funkier than last year .. but sure would like to know who Tuggernut knows cause he seems to know more than the band at this point ?? Though a visit from an old friend or two of the band would be fun
                              Last edited by denideadhead; 01-08-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

I'll take all the inside scoops I can get - even if some end up being wrong - So far, they are way better than my guesses
                                Well then, I guess you forced my hand.

Without going into too much detail, I have it on good authority that the lines for beer and Porta-Potties will be significantly longer by the Acura Stage right after the second-to-last band of the day finishes up playing, before the day's headlining act begins....

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X