Expensive Winos and Foundations of Funk w/Keith Richards and Ivan at Fillmore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post

I enjoyed Anders with FOF last year at the Howlin' Wolf. And the Bonerama Horns also sounded good.
    I was talking about the one he did at Tips with Jon Cleary.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

I was talking about the one he did at Tips with Jon Cleary.
      I didn't see that show. Everyone I know that did see it said it sucked.

Comment

Lastly, the stones gave a $100,000 discount to be able to play past 7pm.
        Nobody has touched this little tidbit yet. Interesting. I know in the past some stages have run past 7 a bit, but could the realistically go to 7:30 or beyond?

Comment

A good example of this is when Anders played with foundations of funk. Super boring.
          Yeah i was at that one. Huge fan of them all but I left early. Just wasn't happening. Lack of rehearsal may have contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by sfnola View Post

Nobody has touched this little tidbit yet. Interesting. I know in the past some stages have run past 7 a bit, but could the realistically go to 7:30 or beyond?
            yea I saw that...what time does it get dark?...

all I can say is Thanks for playing Tuggs!!...you at least got Festy to show up!!...its all good...

Comment

Good question. I don't see why not. The neighborhood won't like it, but they may lose that battle. Noise-wise, well, Voodoo goes until 11 pm. That's on a weekend, but 9 pm should be doable on a Thursday. I've always heard fest ends early so folks can get home before dark, but that's mostly an issue for bicyclists and pedestrians.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post

yea I saw that...what time does it get dark?...
                Sunset on May 2 will be at 7:38 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Sunset on May 2 will be at 7:38 pm.
                  Show off.

Comment

I would suggest that if in fact the tidbit is the actual truth, then that $100,000 goes to offset additional security and overhead expenses.

Comment

If FOF is opening, than it will be a brief set. Throw in a couple guest sit ins and Keith should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

I didn't see that show. Everyone I know that did see it said it sucked.
                        It sounded like they hadn't rehearsed together at all. Like, they all clearly all knew the songs, but there waa no cohesion. Also, Anders is great at rock/jam, not that great for funk, imo. Give me June or Brian Stoltz or even Ian for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                          I would suggest that if in fact the tidbit is the actual truth, then that $100,000 goes to offset additional security and overhead expenses.
                          If I was in charge, I'd just give $100 to each of the 1000 residents closest to the Fairgrounds. But that's even less likely than your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by denideadhead View Post
                            Wow this is big news ? Yes FOF is at the Filmore is in the works ! Rumor is similar lineup to the band that played Lockn and it will be great waaaay funkier than last year .. but sure would like to know who Tuggernut knows cause he seems to know more than the band at this point ?? Though a visit from an old friend or two of the band would be fun
                            He knows Phantasytour.com

Comment

I don't know if it was planned or not, but Widespread Panic played until about 7:45 one year. They just couldn't fit the whole show into a measly 3-hour time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by BettsSS View Post

Show off.
                                Haha! That's our swagopedia!

Comment

Working...
                                X