Woodstock Will Return This Summer for it's 50th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
    I think that all Serious Music Lovers agree that the REAL magic of Woodstock actually happened back in the unforgettable, legendary summer of '94---Del Amitri, Salt N' Pepa, Blind Melon, Huffamoose...

Really takes me back, I just wish I had a few cold Zima's about now.
    How 'bout some wine coolers? What other stuff was around then?
    Last edited by fesstgeek; 6 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
      What other stupid stuff was around then?
      Well, I seem to remember a President who harbored some pretty disturbing ideas about what constituted a proper cigar humidor, but I suppose compared to what you have now, in retrospect, those were dignified, upstanding times indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Borzy52 View Post

Morman Matt, nice to see you still in circulation. Regards from Ralph and Greta in 'Sconsin.

1994 would have been even better has QUILL not broken up......
        Wow, a Blast From The Past for sure!!!

Great to see you back on the boards, hope all is well in beautiful Wisconsin.

I assume you got yer Dancin' Shoes all shined up and ready for the Big 50th?

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post

How 'bout some wine coolers? What other stuff was around then?
          Cobain killed himself, baseball strike canceled the series, pulp fiction came out in theaters, OJ drove his bronco for hours. and sipping on gin and juice became the latest craze for those wacky kids.

Comment

The Who will tour the US in 2019, but have ruled out Woodstock.

"And even though the routing is still being worked out, both Daltrey and Townshend say they will not be making a return appearance to Woodstock for the 50th anniversary event at Watkins Glen in August. “What would be the point?” Says Daltrey. “I can’t work outside in the heat anymore like that in August. It’ll kill me. I got really big problems with heat now due to my meningitis. "

So I guess Jazzfest is also off the table.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I don't know Swag the heat wasn't so bad last time they played Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by tcloud View Post
                I don't know Swag the heat wasn't so bad last time they played Fest.
                After that Fest show, where he sounded great, Roger had a hard time with his voice for the rest of the tour. I think they had to bring in Vedder.

Comment

Jazz Fest killed Simon and Garfunkel's illustrious career.

Comment

I Googled '1995 fads' and found, among others already mentioned, the immortal Macarena....

And yes, I did the wrong year. It was kinda late (early).
                    Last edited by fesstgeek; 6 days ago. Reason: Had a realization.

Comment

I admit to pulling most of my prior post from searching up 1994 pop culture on google.

And yes, MG, the sound of Garfunkel's once truly beautiful voice cracking horribly out there at Acura was too much to take, and the permanent end of that duo. I walked in there thinking of the concert in central park, and how amazing he sounded then, and was just devastated to hear him.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                        The Who will tour the US in 2019, but have ruled out Woodstock.

"And even though the routing is still being worked out, both Daltrey and Townshend say they will not be making a return appearance to Woodstock for the 50th anniversary event at Watkins Glen in August. “What would be the point?” Says Daltrey. “I can’t work outside in the heat anymore like that in August. It’ll kill me. I got really big problems with heat now due to my meningitis. "

So I guess Jazzfest is also off the table.
                        Pete Townsend hated hippies & hated Woodstock

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

He was very fond of Jerry Garcia. He even invited the Dead to share a billing with them back in the 1980's at a show in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

He was very fond of Jerry Garcia. He even invited the Dead to share a billing with them back in the 1980's at a show in Germany.
                            Yep. Jerry was worried about 'scoring' overseas. Pete hooked him up.

Comment

Sha Na Na is still touring???????????? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

One of the reasons I love The Who. Pete also knocked obnoxious Abbie Hoffman off the stage at Woodstock. Good man that Pete.

Comment

Working...
                                X