Lineup Reactions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
    The Friday after the Stones show...providing the Fairgrounds is still standing...is killing me. Along with Kamasi Washington, who I love, so many of my Jazz Fest favs are on that day...Los Lobos, Sonny Landreth, VOW All Stars, The Iguanas, John Mooney, Honey Island, Los Bayou Ramblers, Michot's Melody Makers, Donald Harrison. At a minimum, I'm sure Los Lobos with close the Blues Tent at the same time as Kamasi is in the Jazz Tent. There is gonna be a host of having to choice one or another that day... Not a great problem to have, really, I wanna see them all!
    YYR. I had never heard of Matthew Whitaker Quartet but after a listen last night, they are on my list. Also Keith Burnstein's Kettle Black caught my ear as well as Bobby Jones and the Nashville Super Choir.

Comment

• Would anyone know what day the North Mississippi Allstars are playing? I can not seem to find them on the dailies.

Comment

• Friday, May 3. They're at the bottom of the page.

Comment

• Oh crap... There's another of my favs on that same day. Why are all those good roots acts on the same damn day?!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
            The Friday after the Stones show...providing the Fairgrounds is still standing...is killing me. Along with Kamasi Washington, who I love, so many of my Jazz Fest favs are on that day...Los Lobos, Sonny Landreth, VOW All Stars, The Iguanas, John Mooney, Honey Island, Los Bayou Ramblers, Michot's Melody Makers, Donald Harrison. At a minimum, I'm sure Los Lobos with close the Blues Tent at the same time as Kamasi is in the Jazz Tent. There is gonna be a host of having to choice one or another that day... Not a great problem to have, really, I wanna see them all!
            This is yet another day that's giving me grief, plus as FJ pointed out, NMA is also on. The easiest day so far is second Thursday. Reaches for my medication......

Comment

• Originally posted by peteup View Post

This is yet another day that's giving me grief, plus as FJ pointed out, NMA is also on. The easiest day so far is second Thursday. Reaches for my medication......
              Yeah, you can't be at the Blues Tent, the Fais Do Do, the Jazz Tent and the Acura all at once.

Comment

• My biggest problem is negotiating second Friday.
                I really want to catch Chris Stapleton (never seen him), Gladys Knight (ditto), Los Lobos, Kamasi Washington and Gary Clark jr.
                There's a distinct possibility that they will all be on simultaneously.

Comment

• I think the odds extremely good Kamasi and Los Lobos will be closing their respective tents but that is just one big conflict. The whole afternoon will be full of them for me.

Comment

• Lineup always has nuggets. Still digging through first Thursday, but Django Festival Allstars, damn! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZX6QTtyoJs

Comment

• Rance Allen Group. Great great voice. Seriously charismatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4DvoVdsKv0

Comment

• Here is one more. From Lafayette, Lauren Daigle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ03ZFeE0s

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

YYR. I had never heard of Matthew Whitaker Quartet but after a listen last night, they are on my list. Also Keith Burnstein's Kettle Black caught my ear as well as Bobby Jones and the Nashville Super Choir.
                          Yeah, I checked out the Nashville Duper Choir on youtube and WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

Really? Now we're going to get bent out of shape over where someone's name gets listed in the lineup? Are you somebody's agent, or do you not realize that Pitbull is a much bigger draw than all of those elderly gentlemen?
                            There you go again. Screw the "draw". Its supposed to be about music, not $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

There you go again. Screw the "draw". Its supposed to be about music, not $$$
                              come on now....you have to know by now that, that ship has left the port and is never coming back....The Stones!!...Katy Perry!!...and no telling who will be the
                              Special Thursday performer next year...rock on Quint...Rock on!!

Comment

• safe assumption that Jimmy Cliff and Santana will be at the same time?

that's a tough call. What would you do? I've seen neither.

Comment

Working...
                                X