Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early cube anxiety

Dear Powers-That-Be,

Please, DO NOT schedule Los Lobos and Gary Clark Jr. at the same or greatly overlapping slots, ESPECIALLY at opposite ends of the Fairgrounds!

Van Morrison and Al Green at the same time would also be a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
      Dear Powers-That-Be,

Please, DO NOT schedule Los Lobos and Gary Clark Jr. at the same or greatly overlapping slots, ESPECIALLY at opposite ends of the Fairgrounds!
      It looks like Chris Stapleton will close Acura. Gladys closes Congo. Kamasi in the Jazz tent. So one of your two will close Gentilly, and the other will be next-to-last at either Acura or Gentilly. If I'm right, you'll be able to see both.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Do you think Los Lobos or Gary Clark Jr might close the Blues Tent?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
          Hello Fearless

I would greatly hope that they are both not in the Blues Tent

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
            Dear Powers-That-Be,

Every great fest has regrets !

Comment

Possible, but I think Sonny gets that honor.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Good chance that one of them will be playing the Blues tent. The booking of bands such as Los Lobos, Boz Scaggs, and a few others in recent years is one of my bigger frustrations with Jazzfest.

Comment

Originally posted by damonbramblett View Post
                  Van Morrison and Al Green at the same time would also be a crime.
                  This is the potential clash that is going to cause me sleepless nights. When are the cubes out? March some time ?

Comment

Please no Madou Moctar and Cedric Burnside overlap.

Also, James Carter, not at the same time as Toronzo Cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by peteup View Post

This is the potential clash that is going to cause me sleepless nights. When are the cubes out? March some time ?
                      Historically the cubes come out 30 days prior to opening day, so March 25 is a good guess.

Comment

I'm curious about how second (sacred) Sunday will be set up. They've broken up their acura progression from the past few years (Anders-Galactic-__________-Shorty) but I have no doubt Shorty will still close acura. So does Jimmy Buffet play before that on acura, or does he close Gentilly? I'm sure Buddy Guy will close the Blues tent, and I'm afraid that all of this will be against Herbie in the Jazz tent too. I really hope they stagger the Herbie show somewhat, so everything doesn't overlap at the end of the day. I've never seen Herbie before, and I don't want to miss this chance. But I love Shorty closing out the festival and I missed more than half of it last year because I was splitting time with Steve Miller and Buddy Guy. Steve Miller started earlier and we wanted to get the most music in possible, but in hindsight I wish I had just stayed at acura and maybe checked out a few Buddy Guy songs on a bathroom or drink run. I thought Buddy Guy's set had more energy than the midnight toker's.

Comment

Originally posted by peteup View Post

Usually one month before the first day of fest.

Comment

Peteup, When in doubt go with the older artist, they don't live forever. Go to Herbie, a legend.

Comment

Herbie in the Jazz tent will likely be next to last in that tent. In recent times the bigger acts have been in that slot so they can battle less with Acura for sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X