Bob Seger and Silver Bullet Band [canceled]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbs23 View Post
    Donít see him on the individual day on May 4 can anyone confirm it? Why donít I see him????
    sbs23, Quint mentioned him in the press conference today but he was inadvertently left off the Dailies. He will be added soon. Someone here tweeted local Keith Spera and he confirmed Seger is May 4. Also Windowman knows stuff and he confirmed above.

Comment

Thanks funkier junkier! You made my evening

Comment

Originally posted by sbs23 View Post
        Thanks funkier junkier! You made my evening
        YW. I aim to please.

Comment

I've never seen him, and he's been on my bucket list for several years now. I'm really excited to see him, although I've been told that his health is not in great shape, and there are concerns about his ability to do the show. Regardless, I've been told he's obsessed with playing Jazz Fest and considers it a bucket list item for his own career.

Maybe this is all just a rumor, but the source is someone who is fairly connected to a lot of musicians. I also think the health concerns might explain why he was initially left off of a specific date.

Either way, I hope he's on the upswing, and I'm looking forward to that set.

Comment

First time attendee! Looking forward to seeing Bob! Do we know why his day is not listed on the website yet?

Comment

Originally posted by lucycan View Post
              First time attendee! Looking forward to seeing Bob! Do we know why his day is not listed on the website yet?
              Saturday, May 4th. (funkkjunkie mentioned earlier it was an oversight.)

I'm a little bummed because the last couple years, I've been watching the Kentucky Derby and eating crawfish at the Bayou Beer Garden on the second Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idH-yzJbgzQ last month concert. He still gots it
                thanks for that.
                two baritone sax players in the band? a heavy bottom.
                I have never seen him, haven't bought a seger record in decades and look forward to hearing what I hope is a heavy on the hits type of set.
                anyone have a recent set list handy? i'm too busy and lazy to look for one this morning.

and while no one is clamoring for this, a small note of appreciation for all the posters on this site for so much information and thought provoking commentary.

Comment

I would my interest level at right around zero. I didn’t really care for him when I listened to classic rock and the overplay thereafter didn’t help — like the Chevy commercial. Pass for me. But have fun.

My old man, however, loved him. The number of times I had to endure his greatest hits. Oh man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. A. View Post

thanks for that.
                    two baritone sax players in the band? a heavy bottom.
                    I have never seen him, haven't bought a seger record in decades and look forward to hearing what I hope is a heavy on the hits type of set.
                    anyone have a recent set list handy? i'm too busy and lazy to look for one this morning.

and while no one is clamoring for this, a small note of appreciation for all the posters on this site for so much information and thought provoking commentary.
                    He plays them all! This was last week in Nashville https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-s...-1b9479c4.html

Comment

The punishment usually comes after you eat the Big Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                        I'm psyched for Seger. Never seen him and I hope he still has 'it'. I'm just not sure I'll be there that day.
                        Saw him a couple years ago and he was still great. Had some 'old-guy vocal limitations', but still killed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
                          I would my interest level at right around zero. I didn’t really care for him when I listened to classic rock and the overplay thereafter didn’t help — like the Chevy commercial. Pass for me. But have fun.

My old man, however, loved him. The number of times I had to endure his greatest hits. Oh man.
                          You should revisit some of the really early albums: 'Ramblin Gambling Man' and 'Smokin' O.P.'s' are so much better than the really commercial stuff IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

You should revisit some of the really early albums: 'Ramblin Gambling Man' and 'Smokin' O.P.'s' are so much better than the really commercial stuff IMO.
                            I donít think itís a revisit thing. Looking at his set list, Iíd probably wonder over late if I was there. But between him and Dave, that day isnít for me.

Comment

Thank the heavens the undercard is excellent that day. Who will close the Blues Tent that day, I wonder. Looks like I will be closing that day at Fais Do Do or Jazz & Heritage. The clips above are not inspiring.

Comment

Seger is still great. Not quite as powerful vocally. But damn you know all the songs. And his band is great. Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X