Let's talk about fest....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about fest....

So other than what's happening on second Thursday, what sets are you most excited for? Just want to talk and read about something else lol.....ps when will the cubes be out? I can't remember. I'm pretty geeked about Kermit's tribute to Louis, DMB (my fav and I don't care what y'all think lol!), Seger, Stapleton (wahooo!!!), Fogherty, Shorty, Ani DiFranco, VOW, Little Feat, the RadsÖ..it's endless!!!!!!
    Last edited by Corona; 01-16-2019, 10:24 PM.

I had to miss last year due to a family Fiasco, and I will be retiring around fest time so I am so excited about seeing everybody and all the awesome music.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
      I had to miss last year due to a family Fiasco, and I will be retiring around fest time so I am so excited about seeing everybody and all the awesome music.
      We missed last year too because Sammy got married in May. Excited to be back....it's been 2 years since I've been to the Fairgrounds. See you at the Patry first jonny!!!
      Last edited by Corona; 01-16-2019, 09:48 PM. Reason: I'm a dum dum and don't know how to spell jonny...;)

Comment

Groovy has an open invite to drop by the casa (he has the address), but only if he shows with those devilish lamb chops. Swooooooooooooooon.

Comment

I'm completely excited about this year's fest. First weekend with the extra day should be smooth sailing and easy. Stones day will be a crowded day at Fest, but I've handled those plenty of times. Other than that, it's the same as it ever was or has been lately.

Comment

Corona, Jonny? Did I just wake up from a dream and itís still 2006? Glad to see you both back!

Every year on artist release day, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. The magic of Jazzfest just has never worn off and I hope it never does. Is it perfect? Fuck no. But when you look at the daily line up, remember how the food tastes, the exhibits, the vibe, the Injuns, Liuzzas, good friends to share it all with, for $70. Itís a damn near perfect day for me.
            Last edited by steeleye; 01-17-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I'm really not that excited. It's okay, but it's a ton of retreads. I'll get to see the Stones, but I'm not overly pumped. Likely going Friday, Thursday, Friday, and maybe Sunday if I can score a cheap ticket.
              Last edited by Quint; 01-16-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                I don't know you but I'm happy for you. I've missed a lot over the last two years (a lot as compared to my usual all 7 days) and this year may be the same, due to a massive trial that begins two weeks after the fest. If it settles though, I'm looking forward to kamasi washington a LOT, never seen him live, love the Heaven and Earth record. I hope John Fogerty still has it, LOVE him, loved his last trip to fest. Can still hear those opening licks to born on the bayou. I didn't think much of the bob seger rumors, but when they started i searched up one of his recent setlists, and like the one that's on the Seger thread, it was a revelation --- forget how many really great songs that guy has done over the years. In 2001 I attended what i think was to date still the only full Marsalis family show (with harry jr as part of satchmo celebrations, was fantastic), would love to repeat it, but that will be one of the toughest seats of the festival. last year's jupiter and okwess hype has me all gunned up to see someone i've never seen, which is true for the tons of african acts this year, who i'm psyched about. I think it's a great lineup except too old, and the one nod to youth being katy perry is a bad idea, should have gone hip hop, that's where all the young folks seem to be anyway, even if i'm more disappointed for my son than for myself. and of course, nola music is what makes it and its stocked to the brim. so hoping that case settles. And if it does, I may get to take my teenage son to see the band that shall not be named in this thread on second thursday.............

Comment

Originally posted by steeleye View Post
                  Corona, Jonny? Did I just wake up from a dream and itís still 2006? Glad to see you both back!

Every year on artist release day, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. The magic of Jazzfest just has never worn off and I hope it never does. Is it perfect? Fuck no. But when you look at the daily line up, remember how the food tastes, the exhibits, the vibe, the Injuns, Liuzzas, good friends to share it all with, for a $70 gate price. Itís a damn near perfect day for me.
                  Hi hunni! It's been a minute eh? Can't wait to see all our Thead peeps again, you included
                  ps yeah you right...I think it's fabulous too and am so grateful to be getting back to the fest. It's been 2 years for me and that's WAY too long!

Comment

Great line up-check
                    Great friends-check
                    Great weather-hopefully
                    The time and money to partake in as much as possible.....always an issue.

Comment

Oh I'm excited for the first time in years. I usually only do 2 or 3 days... doing it all this year. Happy 60 to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
                        I'm really not that excited. It's okay, but it's a ton of retreads. I'll get to see the Stones, but I'm not overly pumped. Likely going Friday, Thursday, Friday, and maybe Sunday if I can score a cheap ticket.
                        Let me know if you need a ride. I'll happily swing by your place to get you.
                        ​​​
                        ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                          So other than what's happening on second Thursday, what sets are you most excited for? Just want to talk and read about something else lol.....ps when will the cubes be out? I can't remember. I'm pretty geeked about Kermit's tribute to Louis, DMB (my fav and I don't care what y'all think lol!), Seger, Stapleton (wahooo!!!), Fogherty, Shorty, Ani DiFranco, VOW, Little Feat, the RadsÖ..it's endless!!!!!!
                          Hey, girl. Cubes come out a month before the first day of fest.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Hey, girl. Cubes come out a month before the first day of fest.
                            That's what I remembered. I guess for some reason I thought they changed that and made it earlier lol. Wishful thinking ha ha

Comment

I'm excited for the whole thing - Just fist Thursday alone has me excited - I've never sees Alanis, and if I saw the Doobie Brothers it was a walk-by at a previous fest. Really enjoyed the Boyfriend set last year (musicially and comedically). Psyched to spend some time with Taj Mahal & Amy Helm (who has really come into her own in the last year or so). Psyched for being introduced to Rev. John Wilkins, James Carter, the Milk Carton Kids, the Speakerbox Experiment, & Dayna Kurtz's new project "Lulu & the Broadsides"and others. And of course, can't wait to pass some time with local regulars - Meschiya Lake, Mia Borders, Shades of Praise, Charlie Gabriel, Russell Batiste, Swamp Donkeys, 101 Runners, Forgotten Souls, Wimberly Family, and David Doucet. Multiply this by 6 and 3/4 additional fest days and add in Daze Between, food, friends, my New Orleans peeps who have adopted me as family, and a shit ton of night shows and you get an idea of why fest time is the highlight of my year!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X