No announcement yet.

Let's talk about fest....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YYR, peteup. If I could only pick one weekend, it would be the first one. Plus usually it's cooler weather and less crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
      YYR, peteup. If I could only pick one weekend, it would be the first one. Plus usually it's cooler weather and less crowded.
      yeah the lineup first weekend is crazy! I wish we picked that one but then we would miss last Sunday which is not something I want to miss this year with anniversary and all. It is what it is. I'll be grateful for any weekend really... <3

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post

yeah the lineup first weekend is crazy! I wish we picked that one but then we would miss last Sunday which is not something I want to miss this year with anniversary and all. It is what it is. I'll be grateful for any weekend really... <3
        I'm so looking forward to hearing Aaron's voice close out the fest one more time, as the setting sun drops behind the bleachers.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

The band that will back Herbie Hancock at Jazz Fest: New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
          New Orleans, LA
          Band: Herbie Hancock, Vinnie Colaiuta, James Genus, Lionel Loueke, Terrace Martin

Comment

Hey, lets forget about the Saints & Stones for a few minutes and talk about the best music festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post

We missed last year too because Sammy got married in May. Excited to be back....it's been 2 years since I've been to the Fairgrounds. See you at the Patry first jonny!!!
              A little known fact - the only reason there isn't an 'h' in jonnygospeltent is that there wasn't room in the name field.

Comment

Originally posted by Staxsun View Post

A little known fact - the only reason there isn't an 'h' in jonnygospeltent is that there wasn't room in the name field.
                See ya in a couple of days. Sarah Grace from The Voice will be playing at the Rum Boogie Thursday with Kenny Neal, Josh Garrette, Bob Margolin (Muddy Waters),
                Russell Jackson (BB King), Bobby Rush plus others. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                  Hey, lets forget about the Saints & Stones for a few minutes and talk about the best music festival.
                  Ok, I'll play. Which festival did you have in mind, Fred?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

See ya in a couple of days. Sarah Grace from The Voice will be playing at the Rum Boogie Thursday with Kenny Neal, Josh Garrette, Bob Margolin (Muddy Waters),
                    Russell Jackson (BB King), Bobby Rush plus others. Hope to see you there.
                    I'll be easy to find on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm running the show at the Orpheum Juke (the SW corner of Main and Beale).

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                      I have an attorney related jazzfest story too. In 2006, I believe, my brother was a fifth owner in a 5 seater plane. He called a couple weeks before fest and asked if I'd like to fly down instead of drive. One of his flight instructor's students was an attorney in Little Rock and he had a deposition so he wasn't going to be able to ride down with this friends and was looking for a way to fly. I said why yes I would! And on Thursday before, I caught a ride on the plane and flew into the Lakefront Airport. I stayed in a condo in the quarter with several friends from around the county that I met on this board and condo was offered by Rossvegas. AFter the first day of fest, as I walked out wondering how to get back to the quarter(as I'd always had my car before), I heard $5 to the quarter! I said yes to that man who became my friend, Dan, the taxi man, except no taxi for Dan he drove his son's Beemer. He was a retired teacher who had been displaced to Houston by the storm and was in town to make some cash. I hooked him up with my friends who needed rides and he was our go to for many years. He told me through our tips that first year, our small group helped him buy furniture for his new home in Houston. He drove for us until he reached the age of 80something and quit driving. I called that the year I was a jazzfest princess since I flew to fest in a private plane, rode around in a BMW and stayed a block from LMF!
                      And we were so glad you did! Dan, and later his twin brother Don, were good folks that many of us formed long term relationships with. RIP Dan. We could no longer contact Don as of last year's Fest. I hope he is well wherever he may be.

Comment

Working...
                      X