2019 Threadhead Cultural Foundation Raffle - Item Donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Threadhead Cultural Foundation Raffle - Item Donations

The 2019 Threadhead Cultural Foundation Raffle is now accepting donations!

Get excited!

Popular donations from previous years include posters, concert tickets, hotel stays, jewelry, CDs, gift cards, and the list goes on!
    Deadline for donations is February 20, 2019 and the deadline for getting items to Natalie & Doug, the raffle Administrators, is February 28, 2019.
    This raffle benefits the Threadhead Cultural Foundation, a 501c3 organization, which supports both local free youth music clinics and the New Orleans Musicians’ Clinic/New Orleans Musicians’ Assistance Fund. All donations are tax deductible!
    http://threadheadraffle.com/donate-raffle-item-2019/

Our very first donation was a pair of tickets for Stones Thursday!

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Hi Natalie

I don't know if you have got the gear I left with Kenny and Heather yet?

Anyway at some stage we will need to communicate about value of items etc.

I am struggling to remember what I have taken over.

But I do know that there is the Roger Waters tour Jacket with Trump on the back, which is a good prize

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
          Hi Natalie

I don't know if you have got the gear I left with Kenny and Heather yet?

That's still in the storage unit. I plan to get it this weekend.

Comment

Haven't figured out what I am donating, but will soon.

Comment

Any advice on what would make a better online raffle vs onsite party raffle item? Is it a matter of the value of the item, or?

Comment

Glinda, I just give my items to Natalie and Doug and let them decide which raffle to put them in. But I'm betting they will be along to answer your question. Looks like they are at BMacs right now. But I was thinking along these lines yesterday, wondering which prizes have historically brought in the most money. Since you get to choose what to buy tickets one, I feel like this has been tracked in the past. I was wondering if LMF gift certificates are big sellers? Or restaurant gift certificates? Jazz Fest Posters? Tickets to shows? Hotel stays?

Comment

is it ok if I whine about never winning and then buy a bunch of tix at the very end as usual?

Comment

Yes! This might be your lucky year! I mean you're coming to the jazzfest, right?

Comment

The best Patry raffle items seem to be stuff that can be easily packed in a suitcase, consumed quickly, or used right away. Since we have no shipping option for the prizes, small, portable items do best. We also receive a ton of donations the morning of from people who bring stuff with them rather than mailing it ahead of time. NOLA- and Fest-centric items do pretty well, like books, posters and t-shirts. It's hit or miss on photos. Gift certificates for food or LMF, and tickets to live shows during fest week do very well. Jewelry and unique clothing items are always a big seller. Saints stuff is usually a big hit. We've never had a bottle of wine that wasn't claimed, and hand-made items always have stuffed envelopes.

Stuff that doesn't do as well is generic decorative stuff, children's items, anything we get multiples of (2 or 3 is fine, but we can't really use a dozen of anything unless it's Brass Passes or booze) and oddly, I wind up with a stack of unclaimed CDs every year.

That is all based on past years, using the simple table and tent set-up, but we're moving to a new place this year so I can't guarantee it will look the same. We'll use the same procedure for running it as far as I know though.

If something totally fabulous is donated at the Patry and it looks like something that would do better in the on-line raffle the following year, we'll ask you if we can do that. We (meaning SweetOlive) might also ask if something that is donated to the on-line raffle might be presented at the Patry tent instead. We try to put things where they will generate the most money and that occasionally means shifting things around a bit. I can't remember anyone every objecting too much.

Vicki, Vicki, Natalie, and anyone else who has spent time in the tent with us, do you have any other observations or suggestions? I don't do this by myself and y'all might have noticed different trends than I have.

Anyone with questions about it or suggestions to make it better hit me up and I'll figure it out.

Comment

Excellent guidelines! And thanks Delta...and your crew...for putting the Patry Raffle together every year!!! I always look forward to it. See ya in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by glinda View Post
                          Any advice on what would make a better online raffle vs onsite party raffle item? Is it a matter of the value of the item, or?
                          Besides what Delta already said, gift cards do really, really well. T-shirts do not. Last year we had so many t-shirts that just didn't bring in much money at all. I will see how many we get this year, and we may decide to put most of them in the Patry raffle. They have too narrow of a market, with size, style, etc., and I think they do better at the Patry where you can actually see them.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. So Doug, you're talking the big raffle, yes? Gift cards to restaurants and LMF I'm guessing. What else does well? PS Drink your water.

Comment

And because Natalie is too polite to spell it out, it takes a lot more time, money and manpower for something to go in the on-line raffle than it does to drop it off at the Patry tent. I'm NOT trying to shill for the Patry raffle, we already get over 100 items every year, but just reminding folks that a $5 t-shirt takes exactly as much energy to get it photographed, listed, number drawn and shipped as a $500 gift certificate does.

If you have a question about a specific item just ask. Or if you don't care which one it goes in just let Natalie know when you donate it. There is a **L*O*T** of work that goes into the on-line raffle (not so much with the Patry tent), so any way we can streamline their effort is worth it. We definitely don't want to burn them out any sooner than necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X