Noob ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob ?

Never been to Jazzfest before but going this year for both weekends. Was wondering if, other that 5/2, do single day tix ever sell out? Buy in advance or find extras at the gate? What night shows sell out?
    Thanks in advance

fairground tix don't sell out

there's usually 10-12 night shows that sell out depending on the year

buying a ticket at the gate takes no time unless you come right when the gates open. You can find extras outside occasionally, don't get taken.

Comment

Welcome, Big Jim. I think the Dead Feat shows usually sell out. Galactic will probably sell out. They're hotter than ever since they became the owners of Tipitina's. THere's the link to the nighttime shows. www.jazzfestgrids.com . If you have any more questions, ask. Jazz fest virgins are half our entertainment here.

Comment

There really aren't any "single day" tickets for the festival itself (except for the Stones thing of course). When you buy tickets it is for any day of that particular weekend. As far as I know, it has never sold out.

Comment

Yes Dead Feat sells out every year I've gone. It's a great show. Catch them if you can. Beware of buying tix on the street. I've had offers for fake tix every time. They are only about $5 cheaper than the gate, so don't take the chance

Comment

Thanks all. Looking forward to it!

Comment

The Patry always sells out. Itís a hot ticket for a great cause.

Comment

Welcome to the board, Bigjilm. Nice to see another Homer on here.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Thanks,Swag! At the risk of asking a maybe even dumberer question, what's The Patry?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjilm View Post
                    Thanks,Swag! At the risk of asking a maybe even dumberer question, what's The Patry?
                    https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...107#post829107

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjilm View Post
                      The Patry is the main event in town. With luck, you should find some good shows on the weekends either side but try not to miss the Patry. Welcome to the bored!

Comment

Working...
                      X