Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print-at-home option not available for Ticketmaster tickets??!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print-at-home option not available for Ticketmaster tickets??!

I was able to buy a single ticket for Thur, May 2nd and I now discover Ticketmaster only allows the ticket to be transferred via text to a mobile device. No other option! WTF!

Just bring your mobile device to the Fest for entry. Problem solved.

Comment

Good thing that we did not go that route. Neither my wife nor I have found any way to send or receive text messages upon our "flip Phones".

Comment

Was there an option to avoid mobile delivery at the time of purchase that I missed noticing? If so then I'm disappointed that you cannot alter that decision after purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by seabrook View Post
          Was there an option to avoid mobile delivery at the time of purchase that I missed noticing? If so then I'm disappointed that you cannot alter that decision after purchase.
          Relax, I was in your exact situation a few hours ago and got everything taken care of to change to getting paper tickets mailed instead.

I am on my phone, but will be back home in a couple of hours to tell you what I did. It was no big deal at all...

Comment

seabrook, did you get your ticket situation squared away?

Comment

Now there is the kind considerate Mathew we know and love! Reminds me of that nice kid from REM , what was his name? He was so considerate

Comment

Don't even get me started on Ticketmaster for this event.... tried ordering online and it kept freezing. Decided to use automated line and the only option was to have them mailed to me. Didn't get any confirmation by email (even though they have it) just a confirmation number. I call and talk to a real person to request an email confirmation- took about an hour including on hold time - and they say they will send it within 10 minutes and can also email me my tickets. 1 hr later, still no confirmation. I call back and the person I spoke to the second time tells me not only does it have to be paper but that they can't email me a confirmation. You can't just confirm they're coming? I have nothing when I login online and no proof of purchase other than a big charge on my credit card and a random confirmation number I can't seem to get to confirm anywhere. Tried calling a third time since the 2nd guy seemed confused and they now are unable to (despite being able to before) even associate my phone number with the order.......

I certainly paid for it; really hope I can go. Thanks for nothing ticketmaster.

Comment

"seabrook, did you get your ticket situation squared away?"

No, you were going to explain how you managed to get your paper tickets mailed...

Comment

OK, so Friday, I got online here in Krakow and when the ticket link went active, I got thru within 10 minutes, but as I had no idea how long ticket sales would last for, I rushed thru the process as fast as I could, and selected "Mobile Delivery", which in my haste I assumed would equal "Print At Home".

Long story short, when I went back a few hours later and saw that Mobile Delivery is NOT the same as the standard Print At Home option, I called the Ticketmaster Customer Service 1-800 number, (1-800 653 8000) anxiously waited on hold for over 45 minutes, but when I finally got to siomeone live he was extremely helpful and told me it was no problem to get the order delivery method changed to home delivery of paper tickets (apparently there is no Print At Home option for these tickets) for a fee of only $2.50.

The kid on the phone said it was also simple to take care of this yourself online, by going to "My Account" then selecting "View My Tickets" and from there you will see the option of "Change My Delivery Method" if you want to give it a shot on your own.

Good luck, I hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it did for me.
                    ====================================
                    While I am here,I know it's a longshot, but you don't happen to have any vouchers for free flights from Poland to Louisiana lying around that you aren't planning on using do you?

Comment

I checked the box for US Mail delivery and there were no glitches (unless you count being charged $2.50 to send 8 pieces of lightweight cardboard through the mail). Like MM above, I saw there is an option to change delivery method after the fact.

What scared me off Mobile Delivery is that it is not clear to me how you can get two people into Fest with one phone. There may be a simple answer, but having lived through a scan failure problem one year (long story, cleared up by very helpful staff at Fest, but delayed our entry by an hour or so), I didn't want to gamble. Has anyone else used one phone to store two peoples' tickets?

-dan

Comment

Originally posted by Festering View Post
                        I checked the box for US Mail delivery and there were no glitches (unless you count being charged $2.50 to send 8 pieces of lightweight cardboard through the mail). Like MM above, I saw there is an option to change delivery method after the fact.

What scared me off Mobile Delivery is that it is not clear to me how you can get two people into Fest with one phone. There may be a simple answer, but having lived through a scan failure problem one year (long story, cleared up by very helpful staff at Fest, but delayed our entry by an hour or so), I didn't want to gamble. Has anyone else used one phone to store two peoples' tickets?

-dan
                        Similar feelings...my wife was able to buy tickets online and checked "mobile delivery". Being worried about the problems with 4 people trying to get into Jazzfest that morning with one phone, I logged into her account and changed to mail delivery. Very easy, although in the past, the mail delivery option was free. Now it's $2.50.

Comment

Matthew, I admire your tenacious effort to acquire Stones tickets. I know how much you want to see Mick strut his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Festering View Post

-dan
                            yes last year without issue, and for many many other events as well. when you pull the tickets up on your phone you just have them scan the first ticket, then swipe to the 2nd ticket, scan etc. its really very simple....or if you don't like that, you could always go into your account and transfer the ticket to someone else. so if they weren't arriving with you they could have their ticket on their phone

Comment

Originally posted by TEXANJAZZLOVER View Post
                              Don't even get me started on Ticketmaster for this event.... tried ordering online and it kept freezing. Decided to use automated line and the only option was to have them mailed to me. Didn't get any confirmation by email (even though they have it) just a confirmation number. I call and talk to a real person to request an email confirmation- took about an hour including on hold time - and they say they will send it within 10 minutes and can also email me my tickets. 1 hr later, still no confirmation. I call back and the person I spoke to the second time tells me not only does it have to be paper but that they can't email me a confirmation. You can't just confirm they're coming? I have nothing when I login online and no proof of purchase other than a big charge on my credit card and a random confirmation number I can't seem to get to confirm anywhere. Tried calling a third time since the 2nd guy seemed confused and they now are unable to (despite being able to before) even associate my phone number with the order.......

I certainly paid for it; really hope I can go. Thanks for nothing ticketmaster.
                              I also ordered by phone (from Canada) and only got a verbal automated confirmation #. Since they didn't mention or ask for email or TM account password, I assume they will simply be mailed. Not too worried, though. Not yet, anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X