Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Thank you for that. Very helpful.
    I know that my close personal friend Kemp's heart must be breaking for you about right now, considering how many times over the years you have effusively praised the music of the Rolling Stones, repeatedlty telling everyone how much you feel that they have contributed to your beloved Blues music and indeed to musical culture itself, and of the touching, heartfelt respect you have shown to their fans here on the board whenever the subject of the Rolling Stones has come up.

"May The Good Lord Shine A Light On You, Make Every Song You Sing, Your Favorite Tune..."

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

I know that my close personal friend Kemp's heart must be breaking for you about right now, considering how many times over the years you have effusively praised the music of the Rolling Stones, repeatedlty telling everyone how much you feel that they have contributed to your beloved Blues music and indeed to musical culture itself, and of the touching, heartfelt respect you have shown to their fans here on the board whenever the subject of the Rolling Stones has come up.

"May The Good Lord Shine A Light On You, Make Every Song You Sing, Your Favorite Tune..."

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

If You Start Me Up, I'll Never Stop...

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Man, I get friend requests all the time, especially on Facebook. Many of them are from beautiful young women from all over the world. I guess I've still got it.

Comment

How is Jazz Fest going to accommodate all the VIP ticket holders at the Acura stage, all at the same time, for the Stones? Everyone knows Big Chiefs and Krewes don't like to stand and Grand Marshalls need their elbow room. Did they cap the VIP ticket sales for the existing seats? Are they going to extend the Grand Marshalls further back into the GA area? That would leave the rest of the weekend with very few VIPs throughout the fair grounds. Are they going to expand the bleachers and add seats for Stones Thursday? Wondering?

Comment

Originally posted by Madcap View Post
              How is Jazz Fest going to accommodate all the VIP ticket holders at the Acura stage, all at the same time, for the Stones? Everyone knows Big Chiefs and Krewes don't like to stand and Grand Marshalls need their elbow room. Did they cap the VIP ticket sales for the existing seats? Are they going to extend the Grand Marshalls further back into the GA area? That would leave the rest of the weekend with very few VIPs throughout the fair grounds. Are they going to expand the bleachers and add seats for Stones Thursday? Wondering?
              Hi, madcap. I believe in an interview, the real Quint Davis said general admission bleachers would be added for special Thursday. Folks here have guessed that the vip areas will be expanded. No one knows what kinds of caps were put on any Special Thursday sales. We have also heard chairs and tarps will not be allowed on that day but that has not been officially confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Hi, madcap. I believe in an interview, the real Quint Davis said general admission bleachers would be added for special Thursday. Folks here have guessed that the vip areas will be expanded. No one knows what kinds of caps were put on any Special Thursday sales. We have also heard chairs and tarps will not be allowed on that day but that has not been officially confirmed.
                I thought NO chairs was announced??

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post

I thought NO chairs was announced??
                  I also thought it was officially announced..can someone clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

They should charge triple. What an absurd idea.

And if the idiot parents insist upon going forward with the idiotic notion than they should have to submit to voluntarily being sterilized....immediately....on site.
                    Not sure why you think kids shouldn't be allowed to go without sterilizing idiot adults... I have a 10 year old nephew who loves going to Jazz Fest and and is genuinely excited to see artists in person that he parents have been playing since he was born. A festival is perfect atmosphere for children. They can hang back and not get in the way of apparently grumpy kid haters. But to each their own... =/

Comment

Originally posted by BettsSS View Post

I also thought it was officially announced..can someone clarify?
                      It's not yet been announced on the fest website, nor on any of their social media outlets, but local newspapers quoted Quint saying no chairs at Acura that day. One TH reached out to the fest security director who said the ban would apply to the whole fest that day.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

The "no tarps" should be permanent!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                          For the people looking for Stones tickets....did you actually try for tickets on Friday? I had anticipated it being difficult, but it really wasn't. And if you had actually come to these boards, you would have known that calling and buying them by phone was a 100% guarantee of getting them.
                          Some of us had no choice but to miss it. Tickets went on sale at 8:00 am PST. I had a work meeting that started at 8:00 am and lasted close to two hours so I wasn't able to go online or visit this board to discover that phoning was a better option. I'm not crying about it-just pointing out that there are legitimate reasons that some folks couldn't get tickets and are now looking to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheWarehouse View Post

Not sure why you think kids shouldn't be allowed to go without sterilizing idiot adults... I have a 10 year old nephew who loves going to Jazz Fest and and is genuinely excited to see artists in person that he parents have been playing since he was born. A festival is perfect atmosphere for children. They can hang back and not get in the way of apparently grumpy kid haters. But to each their own... =/
                            Sorry, not backing down. You struggle to make a point. Apples and oranges. A controlled entry and enclosed and confined area at Acura for a Rolling Stones concert is not a “festival”. Secondly, a ten year old is not a two year old.

Comment

Does anyone know how many tickets they actually sold for Stones day? I saw estimates of anywhere from 50,000-100,000. If anyone knows the exact number that would be great to know. I got tix and will be there with a big crew for that day and the rest of the 2nd weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X