How cold is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cold is it?

19 below in Beautiful Bellwood Illinois this morning.

It's a chilly 53 going to 61 here in the Crescent City, but it should warm up by Sunday.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

It was 5 degrees in Philadelphia when I went to bed last night. It is currently 14 degrees and I wore fleece lined leggings, a button down blouse and a giant fleece sweater all under my coat this morning. The attire was so excessive I wasn't able to zip my parka. But I was warm!
      I think 60s will feel like 80 degrees to me in new orleans this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
        It was 5 degrees in Philadelphia when I went to bed last night. It is currently 14 degrees and I wore fleece lined leggings, a button down blouse and a giant fleece sweater all under my coat this morning. The attire was so excessive I wasn't able to zip my parka. But I was warm!
        I think 60s will feel like 80 degrees to me in new orleans this weekend.
        Please leave that cold weather up North where it belongs! 67 here on Sunday! Yeah!

Comment

After 58 hours of sub zero temps, we're finally above freezing this morning in Chicago.

Saturday above freezing and possibly 50 degrees come Monday. It's been a wild ride over the last 3 days.

Comment

I was in Lviv, Ukraine yesterday, (Ukraine isn't exactly known for balmy winter temps) but when I saw the weather in the Midwest I didn't feel quite as sorry for myself.

Some early May Crescent City sunshine sounds extremely welcome about now...

Comment

It was -40 here 2 days ago. That, by the way, is the same in Celsius as it is in Fahrenheit !

Comment

In a few hours I'm riding my bicycle downtown to see Lucinda Williams and Drive by Truckers at an outdoor venue. It's supposed to drop to 64 by the end of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                  In a few hours I'm riding my bicycle downtown to see Lucinda Williams and Drive by Truckers at an outdoor venue. It's supposed to drop to 64 by the end of the show.
                  Not hearing too many of those "Florida man...." jokes now, eh? At 3.30 pm my magic rectangle that also serves as a phone says its a balmy 60 degrees in new orleans...not expecting to get below 50 in the next ten days

Comment

Originally posted by BB Chgo View Post
                    After 58 hours of sub zero temps, we're finally above freezing this morning in Chicago.

Saturday above freezing and possibly 50 degrees come Monday. It's been a wild ride over the last 3 days.
                    Hear you, it was so nice finally being able to be outside, walk and breathe normally.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                      19 below in Beautiful Bellwood Illinois this morning.
                      -9 yesterday, -5 today in Wilkes-Siberia, Pa.

Must have been similar in Shamokin, jonny.

Comment

It a pleasant 85 here in beachside Beaumaris at just after 1PM.

We have a slight sea breeze kicking in so it will not get too hot today, which is good as the mighty Sharks AKA Beaumaris Cricket Club ones are in the field today.

But tomorrow is meant to be 104 so I will head down for a swim before lunch time

Comment

Originally posted by canadianjohn View Post
                          It was -40 here 2 days ago. That, by the way, is the same in Celsius as it is in Fahrenheit !
                          Where are you? The lowest it got here in the Windsor-Detroit area was -13F (-25C)

Comment

Originally posted by steeleye View Post

-9 yesterday, -5 today in Wilkes-Siberia, Pa.

Must have been similar in Shamokin, jonny.
                            "Shamokin?" Shamokin??? Who in the heck here hails from that area? That is the area that my wife came from.

Comment

When it gets below 20 you can find me in either the sauna or the steam room.

Comment

Working...
                              X