Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saturn View Post
    Michael Franti and Spearhead
    Oh God no. Shorty had them at his show recently at Champion's Square. We had to leave and come back they were so weak.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

That would be so sick. Do they ever play with sly, robbie and Michael Rose all together?
      Back in the 80s. I saw them a couple of times. Once opening for The Police.(I liked them better)Except for Bob & The Wailers, my favorite reggae group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye 1on View Post
        Ernest Ranglin
        That would be perfect, but hopefully with Monty Alexander!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
          I'd like to replace reggae with reggae and I vote Burning Spear.
          That would be great too... or Lee "Scratch" Perry
          A few years back at Grassroots Fest in Trumansburg NY, they had Burning Spear & Merle Haggard... 2 giants of their respective genres! Merle was showing his age a bit, but Spear hadn't lost a thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Plothound View Post
            Toots and the Maytals!
            Toots has always been one of my favorites, but its not really "The Maytals" anymore. They were backup singers, kind of like the Temptations, group vocals, with a KILLA band (Ranglin on recordings I think, not sure about touring group.... maybe Sly & Robbie too?) Now he has some generic backup band, not the same

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

Toots has always been one of my favorites, but its not really "The Maytals" anymore. They were backup singers, kind of like the Temptations, group vocals, with a KILLA band (Ranglin on recordings I think, not sure about touring group.... maybe Sly & Robbie too?) Now he has some generic backup band, not the same
              And they played just last year, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Ok, a different genre, but Iíd like to see Joe Jackson added. Logistically speaking, it could happen as he is heading back to the states for a tour in May.

Comment

Kasey Musgraves .... complete and total opposites, but her career is skyrocketing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                    Dread Zeppelin
                    Hells to the yeah. Not sure Tortelvis is up to fighting weight and they haven't played since '17 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraak View Post
                      Ok, a different genre, but Iíd like to see Joe Jackson added. Logistically speaking, it could happen as he is heading back to the states for a tour in May.
                      seeing him on Saturday, can't wait!

Comment

Itís gonna be George Clinton. Iím calling it. Makes senses since heís slowing down after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
                          Itís gonna be George Clinton. Iím calling it. Makes senses since heís slowing down after this year.
                          Would fest give him a 3 hour timeslot? I doubt it and I can't see George playing for less time (maybe 2 1/2). But otherwise...a great suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by peteup View Post

Would fest give him a 3 hour timeslot? I doubt it and I can't see George playing for less time (maybe 2 1/2). But otherwise...a great suggestion!
                            I think P Funk was the first act to ever get 2 hours, many years ago now, maybe in 2000? They were next to last but got a 3-5p slot if I recall. Fun time too. Iíd love it. Thereís also a 25 year anniversary for the debut album of a certain clan that ainít nothin to f@%k with...

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

I think P Funk was the first act to ever get 2 hours, many years ago now, maybe in 2000? They were next to last but got a 3-5p slot if I recall. Fun time too. Iíd love it. Thereís also a 25 year anniversary for the debut album of a certain clan that ainít nothin to f@%k with...
                              Yeah P-Funk were awesome at the Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

seeing him on Saturday, can't wait!
                                We're also excitedly going to see Joe Jackson at the Lincoln Theater this Saturday.

I too was hoping that he'd be at JazzFest. But he's added a May 28th New Orleans show (Civic Center). So, no Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X