Get over it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delta View Post

Yep. My son "got over it" and banged on the "I beat cancer" drum yesterday after his last chemo treatment.

I took a king cake to the nurses to thank them for putting up with him for the last 10 months.
    Getting over IT for the win! Fuck cancer!

Comment

Yep. My son "got over it" and banged on the "I beat cancer" drum yesterday after his last chemo treatment.

I took a king cake to the nurses to thank them for putting up with him for the last 10 months.
      Love starting the day with real, good news! Celebrate!

Comment

Such good news. I have just the smallest but still a slight hint of just how wonderful this feels to both of you. Such a cloud removed.
        Congratulations.

See you at the Patry.

Comment

Great news

Comment

Delta, your posting has to be the best "change of subject in the history of this board". !!!
            That is GREAT NEWS!

Comment

Delta, I don't know you, but I couldn't agree more with these posts, so great.
              And as to what some would call our whiny little pity party over football, it raised $57K for the chronically underfunded N.O. Rec Dept
              https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...5391b65f2.html

Comment

Great news, Delta !!!

Yep, Boycott Bowl raised some serious cash for NORD. I'm all in for NFL next year. Bears and Saints are both back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                  I'm all in for NFL next year. Bears and Saints are both back on track.
                  To finish behind the Patriots

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                    To finish behind the Patriots
                    Buzzkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Buzzkill.
                      Just teasing you. IMO too tough of a road for them next year. Most likely. Coaches moving to higher positions on other teams coupled with some significant players retiring. Belichick and Brady will just be facing such an uphill climb.
                      Both the teams that you mentioned are in the hunt no doubt but Kansas City looks awful strong. Cannot make up my mind on LA.

Comment

Had to come back on behalf of a friend who asked me if JGT is a nice person or an asshole. I voted for nice person, but wanted to see what prompted the question. I think you're missing a couple points, Johnny. The first point is that you don't understand how important the Saints are to New Orleans. Teams matter to their locales everywhere, but not like here. They are us and we are them. The players themselves have said they've never seen anything like it anywhere else. The second point is that places like Chicago, Boston, NY, STL and LA are multi-sport cities. New Orleans has the Pelicans, but this is not really a basketball city. There's no professional baseball or hockey. This is a football city and most New Orleanians are all in. I think Jeremy Henley said it best in his FB post which I'm copying here.

"I love this city. While other cities have been known to riot, overturn cars, set fires, and damage properties when their team WINS! We throw parties and second lines when the win was blatantly taken from us. The only thing we are burning is BBQ pits and burners under our Crawfish pots (and maybe an effigy of that clown-that-shall-not-be-named that sits atop the NFL or those motherfuckers that dress like they work at footlocker that run up and down the field. Haha). Imagine IF the now infamous NOLA No-Call was the Detroit Disaster or the Boston Blown Call or the Chi-town Knock Down or whatever clever headline they would come up with IF this happened in any of the many riotous cities in America. But not HERE. Not one flipped car. Only our flipped faith in the NFL. Not one broken window. Only our broken Hearts. Not one fire set in protest. Only the fire they set in our souls to rise above and come back stronger. So go ahead nation, call us petty. I call us PROUD and I am proud to be a Who Dat!"

-Jeremy Henley

I still think you win the nice guy vs asshole test, but your opening post is kinda offensive to those who don't know you well. Just sayin'.

Comment

If the people who live in a place that has contributed as much to the musical , historical and even spiritual culture of all humankind as New Orleans has somehow don't have anything more substantial to take pride in their town over than a pro football team that they likely have zero actual, personal connection to, well frankly that strikes me as truly, profoundly empty and sad.

When somebody like George Porter or Stanton Moore is playing, EVERYONE is a winner, every time. When the server at Drago's sets your chargrilled oysters down, no one asks for a "Review of the call."

Last edited by MormonMatthew; 1 week ago.

Comment

Wow, Jaye. Great to have you back and awesome post !! And I vote for nice guy as well. He may have had one to many Schlitz tall boys.

Comment

It's what makes New Orleans loved by us. That joie de vivre is what makes every day a party. It's a culture that loves a party no matter the context. When someone passes, it's a party. When someone gets married, it's a party. When someone buys Tips, it's a party. When there's a bigass pothole of all potholes in the street, it's a party. When your team, a team that is even loved by lots of folks who aren't sports fans at their core, gets the no call of all no calls, it's a party. And that makes me happy and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                                If the people who live in a place that has contributed as much to the musical , historical and even spiritual culture of all humankind as New Orleans has don't have anything more substantial to take pride in their town over than a pro football team that they likely have zero actual, personal connection to, well frankly that strikes me as truly, profoundly empty and sad.

When someone like George Porter or Stanton Moore is playing, EVERYONE is a winner, every time. When the server at Drago's sets your chargrilled oysters down, no one asks for a "Review of the call."

It's not either/or; it's both. We love the culture and our Saints. The Saints are part of our culture. This town stuck with them through their losing years, and when they won the Super Bowl in New Orleans after Katrina, we knew we were going to make it back to what we were before. Matthew, perhaps you should take up some kind of folk dancing while you are in Poland to help you mellow down, old boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X