1. Preservation Hall
    2. Three Muses
    3. Tipitinas
    4. BB Kings Blues Club
    5. Siberia
    6. Cafe Negril

(looks to be based on Yelp data)

Wut?

The best three venues to see a JF show (IMO) are not even on the list.

1) Maple Leaf- The 3am start shows where everyone is drugged up and dancing their ashes off is peak Jazz Fest. Nothing like spilling out into oak while the rest of the city is sleeping. and the city is cloaked in silence.

2) Cafe Istanbul- Just a heady place to see a show
    The Axial Tilt Dead shows they do are fam AF.

3) Orpheum(General Admission Standing Floor)- I like to dance, so the caveat is that only the floor section makes the list.

Honorable Mention: Three Keys. Just a wonderful, small room that is great for seeing shows.

Comment

Little Gem

Comment

Everybody has their favorites, but BB Kings ?? Yuk.

On the note of cheesy tourist traps, wait till you see the old Praline Connection on Frenchmen. Nuthin says New Orleans like shitty pizza and wings, baby !!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

On the note of cheesy tourist traps, wait till you see the old Praline Connection on Frenchmen. Nuthin says New Orleans like shitty pizza and wings, baby !!
          Aw, fuck. I was hoping it would be something cool. And as to the yelp list, I do love Tip's but I can't do downstairs for very long anymore. That concrete is killer. I love upstairs if I get a rail spot. But tuggs and mangochill, YYR, great clubs. I'll add Music Box Village and Blue Nile and dba when they aren't packed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

And daiquiris...

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

And daiquiris...
              Yep. It's straight off of Bourbon Street. Too bad.

Comment

How is Maison? I'm thinking of seeing Andy Frasco there for my last night in town. Never been to Frenchman street.

Comment

Originally posted by BettsSS View Post
                  How is Maison? I'm thinking of seeing Andy Frasco there for my last night in town. Never been to Frenchman street.
                  The stage is a bit low and the room is narrow. The show will be at the back of the room. They use the front stage for early shows and non jazzfest later shows. There's seating towards the front if you get tired of standing. VIP is upstairs and if you don't get a rail spot, you can't see. I love Frenchmen. Starting at Esplanade, there's Balcony on the quarter side and then Checkpoint Charlies, Dragon's Den, Vaso, LMF(LouisisanA MUSIC Factory) across the street and open late during fest I think, Maison, 30/90, Bamboula's, Blue Nile, Three Muses, Apple Barrel, Cafe Negril, Spotted Cat, dba, Snug Harbor. All with music.

Comment

Maple Leaf- The 3am start shows where everyone is drugged up and dancing their ashes off is peak Jazz Fest. Nothing like spilling out into oak while the rest of the city is sleeping. and the city is cloaked in silence.
                    yep surviving that initial wave of people that storm the Leaf at 11pm is key. When it clears a bit, it's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

The stage is a bit low and the room is narrow. The show will be at the back of the room. They use the front stage for early shows and non jazzfest later shows. There's seating towards the front if you get tired of standing. VIP is upstairs and if you don't get a rail spot, you can't see. I love Frenchmen. Starting at Esplanade, there's Balcony on the quarter side and then Checkpoint Charlies, Dragon's Den, Vaso, LMF(LouisisanA MUSIC Factory) across the street and open late during fest I think, Maison, 30/90, Bamboula's, Blue Nile, Three Muses, Apple Barrel, Cafe Negril, Spotted Cat, dba, Snug Harbor. All with music.
                      Ahhh, seats! Thanks for the info. Probably will get down there early to explore.

Comment

This list is ridiculous

Comment

The Joy theater? The Saenger?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat View Post
                            https://hoodline.com/2019/03/new-orl...-venues-ranked

1. Preservation Hall
                            2. Three Muses
                            3. Tipitinas
                            4. BB Kings Blues Club
                            5. Siberia
                            6. Cafe Negril

(looks to be based on Yelp data)
                            Even given the flawed methodology of relying on Yelp, even that data is odd. How on earth does a large and legendary 40+ year old venue like Tips have just 140 reviews, when relative new and tiny Three Muses has over 1000 reviews? Unless, of course, most Three Muses reviewers are talking about the food?
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Guys, itís bad enough itís a listicle, but a human didnít even write that clickbait.

Hoodline, lol

This story was created automatically using local business data, then reviewed and augmented by an editor. Click here for more about what we're doing. Got thoughts? Go here to share your feedback.
                              Last edited by Quint; 03-13-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X