Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walk From Frenchman To Cafe Istanbul - Safe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walk From Frenchman To Cafe Istanbul - Safe?

    I know there are no sure things, in New Orleans and in life, but wondering if this is advisable or not? Heading up Frenchman to Rampart/St. Claude and then making a right- it looks to be a very easy, short walk. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Caveat- this would be for a 10PM show. I won't walk more than a block or two for a 2am show!

    Comment


    • #3
      Be safe cab or uber you don't want to ruin a great time.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          I walk it all the time. Usually for food at the Artisan Café. Elysian Fields and St. Claude are busy, bustling comercial corridors ( Gene's Po Boys, Starbucks, Robert's, Siberia, Always Lounge, ……), not some dark, dank alleyways. If your worried, take uber.

          Comment


          • #6
            I, too, have walked this many times, including at night.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
              I walk it all the time. Usually for food at the Artisan Café. Elysian Fields and St. Claude are busy, bustling comercial corridors ( Gene's Po Boys, Starbucks, Robert's, Siberia, Always Lounge, ……), not some dark, dank alleyways. If your worried, take uber.
              This. Though I am a large guy who walks fast and is from NYC.

              Comment


              • #8
                At pre 10 pm there will be grannies, tourists, families out. Why not you.

                Walk Frenchmen to Burgundy, the John will be open and hoppin. Go right one block to Elysian Fields, then left two blocks to St. Claude. Should be busy with Mags, Gene's, Robert's, Starbucks, Phoenix, Walgreen's all busy. First block on St. Claude as you head to Café Istanbul you will pass Siberia and Always Lounge. Next block, Hi Ho Lounge, Cajun's, Arrabella and on...………..until you reach the Healing Center/Café Istanbul. No sweat !!

                Comment


                • #9
                  And then Cajun's Bar and Arabella and Hi Ho Lounge and the high school where the epic Midnite Disturbers show was many moons ago. And Kebab. And sooo many fabulous murals. Excited to do another mural/street art tour on a day I'm not going to the fairgrounds! Hey, just in case anyone isn't aware, there's a Banksy at St. Claude and Kerlerec. This Banksy tour would be fun. Wonder how many are left. I'm spinning a little tonight.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                    And then Cajun's Bar and Arabella and Hi Ho Lounge and the high school where the epic Midnite Disturbers show was many moons ago. And Kebab. And sooo many fabulous murals. Excited to do another mural/street art tour on a day I'm not going to the fairgrounds! Hey, just in case anyone isn't aware, there's a Banksy at St. Claude and Kerlerec. This Banksy tour would be fun. Wonder how many are left. I'm spinning a little tonight.
                    Vicki - please take me on the art mural tour - sounds fab!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They recently painted beautiful murals on the beauty supply store at Elysian Fields and St. Claude, across from Walgreens. Unfortunately, it was announced last week that the building will be demolished. See it while you can.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TQOF View Post

                        Vicki - please take me on the art mural tour - sounds fab!
                        I'd love for you to go along. But it will be on Friday or Saturday of second weekend as I'm not going to the FG those days. Whatchu doin those days?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In the past ,I've had to argue with cabbies to take me on a short ride.Is it hard to get an Uber for a few blocks?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                            In the past ,I've had to argue with cabbies to take me on a short ride.Is it hard to get an Uber for a few blocks?
                            As was explained to me this week by an Uber driver, they aren't told the destination until after they have accepted the booking.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                              And then Cajun's Bar and Arabella and Hi Ho Lounge and the high school where the epic Midnite Disturbers show was many moons ago. And Kebab. And sooo many fabulous murals. Excited to do another mural/street art tour on a day I'm not going to the fairgrounds! Hey, just in case anyone isn't aware, there's a Banksy at St. Claude and Kerlerec. This Banksy tour would be fun. Wonder how many are left. I'm spinning a little tonight.
                              Thanks for posting this. I've discovered a lot of them just walking around but this is a great guide to take some friends on a tour.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X