No announcement yet.

Anybody watching The Bachelor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shocked that anyone admits to watching reality TV....;-)

Todd's new record sounds pretty good...

"Talking Reality Television Blues" - Todd Snider (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBydsvJX8vM

Comment

Hell no. That shit is terrible. Weíre in a golden age of television. Iím not wasting my time on that.

Oh watch Roma in the theater. Itís the only way.

Further recommendation: They Shall Not Grow Old. Saw it last night. Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
        Oh watch Roma in the theater. Itís the only way.

Further recommendation: They Shall Not Grow Old. Saw it last night. Incredible.
        I would prefer to see almost anything in a theater, but I don't think it's as essential for Roma as it is for something like They Shall Not Grow Old, which I saw last weekend. But yeah, if you watch Roma at home, you'll want a big enough screen and good enough sound to appreciate how well it is shot and directed. Watching it solo in the man cave at home allowed me to essentially turn it into a home theater, and I loved being able to focus on it in an almost meditative way. I thought the lead actress was the best lead I saw all year and I was rooting for her at the Oscars.

I was blown away by the technological achievement of They Shall Not Grow Old and I really enjoyed the bonus interview with Jackson--do not miss that. I was expecting to be more moved by it as a film than I was; for me, I think the technological awe kind of overwhelmed the emotional impact. Only occasionally was I caused to think things like, "Holy crap, that's a kid. Dead." That surprised me, because I went in expecting it to be a bit of a tearjerker based on the trailer. Great, important watch though in any event.

I am hoping to see Free Solo in my local theater before it leaves, but I may forced to watch that in the home theater, too.

Comment

I signed up for Regal Theater emails around Christmas. I'm so glad I did because they had an Oscars film festival that I learned about through email. They showed all the best film nominees except Roma over 10 days. It was 7 movies for $35. Plus if you cared to partake, a coke and popcorn for $5! My mom and I had a great time seeing all the films and then predicting winners. I'm telling y'all all this to say sign up for Regal Theaters email if you have one close by!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post

15 days until retirement, it is driving me batty
            Congratulations to you on your retirement. Youíre gonna love it!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post

15 days until retirement, it is driving me batty
              You are the shy retiring type.

Well done

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Winette View Post
                I need to watch Roma, need to find some time I can focus on just one thing as I believe the film requires that
                Ironically, one of the things I liked most about Roma was the lack of a soundtrack - I didn't feel manipulated by music telling me how to feel.

Comment

I'd take Mr. Verbose's opinion with a grain of salt. He also thought the Green Book was a good movie, completely missing the hackneyed white savior narrative. Well until the Times told him. The fried chicken scene alone, holy smokes that made me cringe. Still can't believe that dogshit won an Oscar. Actually, I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

I am hoping to see Free Solo in my local theater before it leaves, but I may forced to watch that in the home theater, too.
                    That one might be kind of terrifying on the big screen. We watched it at home. Fun fact, the film makers are from here -- our little hometown of Victor, Idaho, population 2000

Comment

Still love Green Book! Sorry not sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Winette View Post

That one might be kind of terrifying on the big screen. We watched it at home. Fun fact, the film makers are from here -- our little hometown of Victor, Idaho, population 2000
                        Cool! Mrs. Lit wonít even watch it because of her vertigo. I feel like the big screen would be total immersion but probably wonít get to it in the theater.

Comment

I predicted Green Book would win. But my favorite was Bohemian Rhapsody.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                            I predicted Green Book would win. But my favorite was Bohemian Rhapsody.
                            I also predicted Green Book and I was rooting for it, especially because I knew it would piss off the faux edgy critics who complained that it wasnít preachy enough for them.

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody was entertaining, but hardly Oscar worthy. The short scenes of actual Queen performances at the end of the movie were the best and really highlighted the difference between the magic that was Freddie Mercury and any actor's attempt to portray him, not to take anything away from Rami Malek.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
                                Bohemian Rhapsody was entertaining, but hardly Oscar worthy. The short scenes of actual Queen performances at the end of the movie were the best and really highlighted the difference between the magic that was Freddie Mercury and any actor's attempt to portray him, not to take anything away from Rami Malek.
                                That's probably the reason I had little interest in seeing it. I was a huge Queen fan and saw them in their prime ( 1978 ). Same reason I had no interest in seeing 'Treme' on HBO. As realistic as it was, the REAL real thing was right outside my door.

Comment

Working...
                                X