Anybody watching The Bachelor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

That's probably the reason I had little interest in seeing it. I was a huge Queen fan and saw them in their prime ( 1978 ). Same reason I had no interest in seeing 'Treme' on HBO. As realistic as it was, the REAL real thing was right outside my door.
    I still had fun with Treme on HBO - It was fun for me and Nancy to see who could name locals or localities faster

Comment

Yeah, 'Treme' was a little NOLA fix for us who couldn't be there 50 weeks of the year, though it couldn't compare to the real thing. Sometimes a bit hokey but you take what you can get when 900+ miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
        Bohemian Rhapsody was entertaining, but hardly Oscar worthy. The short scenes of actual Queen performances at the end of the movie were the best and really highlighted the difference between the magic that was Freddie Mercury and any actor's attempt to portray him, not to take anything away from Rami Malek.
        Exactly why I picked Green Book for the win. I just loved being in the whole world of music for that movie. My goal when watching any performance is to dispense with reality and enjoy.

Comment

YYR, MG, I know several locals who found it to be too painful. I loved it all.

Comment

Digging in on a terrible opinion -- that you know is terrible -- because someone melted you years ago, lol. Thanks, I needed that.

Treme was terrible. It was an incoherent mess. A lot really brilliant writers and actors made a terrible show. I couldn't make it through more than a few episodes. And wasn't any sort of PTSD from Katrina either. Love David Simon. Applaud the effort, but it just was bad.
            Last edited by Quint; 1 week ago.

Comment

I love this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
                I'd take Mr. Verbose's opinion with a grain of salt. He also thought the Green Book was a good movie, completely missing the hackneyed white savior narrative. Well until the Times told him. The fried chicken scene alone, holy smokes that made me cringe. Still can't believe that dogshit won an Oscar. Actually, I can.
                LOL MAN

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
                  I don't watch any "romance reality" shows, but lately it's been 'Colton this, Colton that' on the so-called news even. I'm about ready to throw something at the tube. Trailer Park Boys does sound intriguing, what's the network/channel?
                  Its a Canadian show, I don't think its on live TV anymore. I discovered late one nite channel surfing on some channel or other. I suggest you get the DVD of first 8 seasons, show was an ongoing series & story line progresses as it continues, worth watching from the start. Like someone said, it might still be airing new episodes on Netflix, but I eventually burned out on it. I got DVD on Amazon....
                  I loved the part of that clip where cops light up & judge says "only the defendant, please"
                  Last edited by revjimk; 1 week ago.

Comment

Thread has officially been HIJACKED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8At-Qno_o

Comment

If you loved Green Book, you'll love this. It was my favorite for an Oscar this year.

"I'm here to teach you about jazz."

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                        Am I the only one
                        My 96 yr. old Mom watches it. Thing that gets me, is why Bachelor (or Bachelorette) assumes that out of all the people in the world, his or her perfect mate is one of the people chosen by TV staff?

Comment

Is network TV ready for a gay version of the Bachelor?

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

My 96 yr. old Mom watches it. Thing that gets me, is why Bachelor (or Bachelorette) assumes that out of all the people in the world, his or her perfect mate is one of the people chosen by TV staff?
                            Well, they're all hot, so that's what really matters The relationships almost never last, no surprise, I think most people watch for the drama, not the "love story." Bachelor in Paradise is way more fun with lots of gals and guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                              Is network TV ready for a gay version of the Bachelor?
                              yes

Comment

Please, someone tie all of this bad TV into Jazz Fest! Haha!

As for Treme, I'd DVR it and just watch the scenery and the music on there. The story and the acting were terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X