Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First weekend: Who are some of the bands you'll go out of your way to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First weekend: Who are some of the bands you'll go out of your way to see?

I'll put mine down here:

Aside from the big names (Santana, EWF, Al Green, O'jays) I'm really pumped up for Galactic at Tips, DumpstaPhunk doing a tribute to Curtis Mayfield, Naughty Professor, Flow Tribe. Anyone y'all think I'm missing based on my selections above?

Are you talking night shows? Or fairgrounds too?

Comment

I'm talking both fairgrounds and the late night shows. Looking for some hidden gems

Comment

For night, that Blue Plate Special at Maison will be a good one. That's my fave Will Bernard album. Then Sunday night late late it's a double header at dba and Maison with Mad Skillet and LettUsintheDumpsta!

Comment

I am looking forward to Santana - also looking forward to BeauSoliel, Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Evening i have Preservation Hall on my to do and I have ticket for Treme Threauxdown.

Comment

At the fairgrounds, considering your picks: Thursday: 101 Runners are do not miss for me. Also you might like Russell Batiste and Friends, Mia Borders and Earth wind and fire.
            Friday is loaded: Free Agents Brass, Soul Brass, Kumasi, Chouval Bwa which is a very cool carousel you can ride, Foundation of Funk, Lean on Me, Karl Denson, Brassaholics, and James Andrews.
            Saturday: Maggie Koerner, Erica Falls(Galactic's singer) and MIdnite Disturbers are do not miss for me.
            Sunday: Davell Crawford, Give the Drummer Some, and Corey Henry and the Treme Funktet will be my do not miss. I'm also interested in Diassing Kunda. I found a bit of that online and want to check it out.

Comment

Fairgrounds:
              Th: *Boyfriend, Amy Helm, *Rev John Wilkins, Meschiya Lake, Chouval Bwa, *Mia Borders, NO Swamp Donkeys, *Lulu & the Broadsides, 101 Runners, Wimberly Singers
              Fr: Revivalists, Robert Cray, Tab Benoit, Subdudes, *Bonerama, Foundations of Funk, *Astral Project, Darlingside, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Spencer Bohren, *Keith Frank, Corey Ledet,
              Sa: Leon Bridges, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Pres Hall, *Mr. Sipp, *Kristin Diable, *Maggie Koerner, Midnite Disturbers, *Aurora Nealand, Johnny Sansone
              Su: Bonnie Raitt, Rance Allen, John Boutte, Meschiya Lake, *Corey Henry, *Flow Tribe, Helen Gillet, Curly Taylor, *Cedric Burnside, Naughty Professor, *Dave Jordan and the NIA

Clubs:
              Th: Honey Island Swamp band, Michot's Melody Makers, John Mooney & Marc Stone, Maggie Bell Band, Geno Delafose, Jamie Lynn Vessels
              Fr: Honey Island Swamp Band, Shotgun Jazz Band, Medeski, Skerik ++, Lynn Drury,
              Sa: Andrew Duhon, Jon Cleary & AMG, Tuba Skinny, King James & Special Men, Meschiya Lake, Blue Plate Special, Galactic
              Su: Rebirth, Micah McKee, Mad Skillet, Jamie Lynn Vessels

Comment

funkkjunkie Man you hit the nail on the head. Perfect kinda stuff that I'm into. Thanks!

Comment

At Fest:
                  Rockin Dopsie jr.and the Zydeco Twisters, FiYiYi and the Mandingo Warriors, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Preservation Hall Jazz Band!!!, Rebirth Brass Band!!, Original Pinettes Brass Band, Mr. Sipp, Piano Professors celebrating Prof. Longhair, Walter Wolfman Washington, Deacon John, Tribute to Louis Prima, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux and the Golden Eagles and Bamboula 2000.

Nightly tix so far for 1st weekend:
                  Sat: Nola Summit at Howlin Wolf
                  Sun: Rebirth at Cafe Istanbul
                  Last edited by Thraak; 03-13-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Thursday: Beausoleil, Django Allstars, Charlie Gabriel and Friends, Michael Skinkus & Moyuba (I always miss this)
                    Friday: Jose James Celebrates Bill Withers, Spencer Bohren, Luke Winslow King, Kumasi
                    Saturday: Original Pinettes and Rebirth, both quickly and both for the fun scene that they are; Erica Falls, Piano Profs, TOM MCDERMOTT & EVAN CHRISTOPHER
                    Sunday: Indigo Girls, Dave Bartholomew tribute, Aretha tribute, Louis Prima tribute, Davell, 'Give the Drummer Some', KLEZMER ALLSTARS, HELEN GILLET
                    Sunday Night: Damo Suzuki @ Music Box ---> Valparaiso Mens Chorus

Sunday is stacked, I'm in trouble. All caps indicates SHOUTING in enthusiam
                    Last edited by fichadelphia; 03-13-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jessemadnote View Post
                      funkkjunkie Man you hit the nail on the head. Perfect kinda stuff that I'm into. Thanks!
                      Well, you like the funk. I like the funk. I tried to focus on your question and keep it to a minimum. I have other things I want to see but I didn't think they were your jam. YW, JMN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

Clubs:
                        Sa: Andrew Duhon,
                        Where is this?

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

Where is this?
                          Carrolton station

Comment

Here you go, cela.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                              Here you go, cela.
                              There may be more dates to come still from Andrew.

Comment

Working...
                              X