Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First weekend: Who are some of the bands you'll go out of your way to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Sipp; Septeto Santiaguero; Chouval Bwa; Rocks of Harmony; Tom McDermott & Evan Christopher; Curley Taylor; Speakerbox Experiment; Forgotten Souls; Al Jackson; Lil Nathan; Monk Boudreaux & The Golden Eagles; Tributes: Danny & Blue Lu Barker, Piano Professors, Fats Domino & Dave Bartholomew

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
      Thursday: Beausoleil, Django Allstars, Charlie Gabriel and Friends, Michael Skinkus & Moyuba (I always miss this)
      Friday: Jose James Celebrates Bill Withers, Spencer Bohren, Luke Winslow King, Kumasi
      Saturday: Original Pinettes and Rebirth, both quickly and both for the fun scene that they are; Erica Falls, Piano Profs, TOM MCDERMOTT & EVAN CHRISTOPHER
      Sunday: Indigo Girls, Dave Bartholomew tribute, Aretha tribute, Louis Prima tribute, Davell, 'Give the Drummer Some', KLEZMER ALLSTARS, HELEN GILLET
      Sunday Night: Damo Suzuki @ Music Box ---> Valparaiso Mens Chorus

Sunday is stacked, I'm in trouble. All caps indicates SHOUTING in enthusiam
      This reminds me that there are an awful lot of "tribute" sets this year. However, I can't seem to see a tribute to Henry Butler O.H.
      Have I missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

This reminds me that there are an awful lot of "tribute" sets this year. However, I can't seem to see a tribute to Henry Butler O.H.
        Have I missed it?
        Glaring omission unless I missed it which is also a possibility.

Comment

First Thursday: Jame Carter; Toronzo Cannon
          First Friday: Terence Blanchard; Kidd Jordan
          First Saturday: Mr. Sipp; Dobet Gnahore; Aurora Nealand; Leroy Jones
          First Sunday: Mdou Moctar; Cedric Burnside; Maurice Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Have I missed it?
            Good question, Technically,who in the world could properly give a tribute to Henry's one of a kind playing. Torkanowsky could pull off some of the jazzy stuff if he wanted. I can see a funky tribute by some of the NOLA Lions. MAybe some of those Bernstein arrangements could be sorta reproduced. Man deserves a tribute for sure. Miss him on the schedule.RIP Henry Butler.

Comment

First Sunday - Ellis Marsalis Family Tribute

Comment

I wasn't going to do this before the Cubes came out for fear of hexing the whole thing and dying of FOMS. So I thought I'd go with one "must see" for each of the four days, and that was ridiculously hard and I still reserve the right to turn it on its head after the Cubes are out. Anyway, here goes:

Thursday - Rev John Wilkins
                Friday - Foundation of Funk or Santana
                Saturday - Hurray For The Riff Raff or Septeto Santiaguero
                Sunday - Ellis Marsalis Family Tribute

Comment

On Friday night I would see JJ Grey & Mofro with Samantha Fish and The Mississippi Allstars (@ Orpheum); on Saturday night I would see either Joe Russoís Almost Dead (@ Mardi Gras World) or Govít Mule (@ Orpheum).

At Fest:

Thursday- Mia Borders & Alanis Morrisette
                  Friday- Foundation of Funk; James Andrews & the Crescent City All Stars (Shorty will make a surprise appearance); and the Revivalists
                  Saturday- Maggie Koerner; Midnight Disturbers; Sweet Crude; Better than Ezra; Leon Bridges
                  Sunday- Corey Henry & Treme Funket; Flow Tribe; Givers; Indigo Girls; Van Morrisson

Comment

Working...
                  X