Hogs for the Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Also true. Tip in cash whenever you can. Waiters and bartenders usually get taxed on sales so getting cash, unless it is way over the usual 18-20% does not let them cheat The IRS.
    The old 'allocated tips', man it was nice before that started! What percent are they using these days, like 12% of sales?

Here in the Jackson Hole area bankers are very aware of how cash tips work and will try to help on mortgage applications etc to qualify service employees for loans...

Having started in F&B in 1977 i'm a terrible over-tipper, but I really appreciate and reward good service.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Did it say something like your post needs approval? Many of us have gotten those on occasion.
      Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Yep, it mentioned something about my post requiring approval.

Comment

Hogs 2020 dates are March 27-28.

Early bird tix on sale now ($30+/2 day pass).
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
          Hogs 2020 dates are March 27-28.

Early bird tix on sale now ($30+/2 day pass).
          Not sure if I'll go, depends on who is playing but I hope they get their act together with those silly wristbands. Last year was a shitshow.

Comment

Unless someone I can't miss is playing, I'll pass. They don't want my cash and I don't want their wristband.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
              Unless someone I can't miss is playing, I'll pass. They don't want my cash and I don't want their wristband.
              Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Exactly!
                Plus 1

Comment

Working...
                X