Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival

I haven't seen anything else but Sonny Landreth has posted he will be at Lafayette Square for the Festival on Saturday October 19th at 4:30. That seems to indicate he is not the headliner but I am really glad to see this!

Also for 2019:
    Tab Benoit
    The Allman Betts Band
    Tucka

Comment

I was wondering if Tab might not follow Sonny giving them the opportunity to play together as they do at the Rock 'N Bowl on the last Sunday.

Also makes me wonder if Tab's Wetlands Festival might not be on the same weekend, which would be nice.
      Last edited by chopitulas; 05-10-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
        Also for 2019:
        Tab Benoit
        The Allman Betts Band
        Tucka
        Hi Fearless.

I got the Ozone newsletter and hour or so ago and as I was looking through the photos of Fest at 50 I spotted a person that looks remarkably like you sitting in the front row of the Blues Tent

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
          I was wondering if Tab might not follow Sonny giving them the opportunity to play together as they do at the Rock 'N Bowl on the last Sunday.

Also makes me wonder if Tab's Wetlands Festival might not be on the same weekend, which would be nice.
          VOW is the weekend before Crescent City this year. VOW same weekend as the Biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Hi Fearless.

I got the Ozone newsletter and hour or so ago and as I was looking through the photos of Fest at 50 I spotted a person that looks remarkably like you sitting in the front row of the Blues Tent
            Another great year of Blues in the tent.

Comment

When it comes to festivals, October is an embarrassment of riches.

Comment

Anyone know who has taken over Scott Aiges's position with the Foundation?

Comment

When does the lineup usually come out?

Comment

Today at noon as a matter of fact!

Comment

I tuned into OZ just in time to hear "thank you for coming down, Scott, and letting us know". LOL.

Line up: https://www.jazzandheritage.org/blues-fest/

Comment

Not bad but I've seen much stronger lineups in the past.

Comment

I like it. I finally get to check out Lulu and the Broadsides.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                            I like it. I finally get to check out Lulu and the Broadsides.
                            Same! I missed them at Boogaloo

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              Not bad but I've seen much stronger lineups in the past.
                              I like the line up, but it's definitely a bit lacking in star power. Off the top of my head they have always had at least one major name headliner from the blues world. The likes of Taj Mahal, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy or Jimmie Vaughan.
                              Perhaps some will consider a band with Allman in its title to be a big name....but I'm not sure about that.

They also invariably showcased a Mississippi or Memphis artist, but I don't see any of those ( unless Keith Stone fits that description...I know nothing about him)
                              I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't be doing it this year, but last week I came to my senses and realised that I had to try to make it happen, so I'm hopeful of being there.

Comment

Working...
                              X