Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZION = new orleans it's zion

Comment

Wow! Only a 6% chance of getting that number one pick. Lucky dogs. Seems like a genuinely nice young man. Hope that it works out for both entities. Living in Washington DC I had the pleasure of enjoying Wes Unseld, another 6’8” player. He was a joy and his height did not hinder his performance. Even against Lou Alcindor he held his own. Good for New Orleans.

Comment

Zion is not very happy about being picked by The Pels. Hopefully he will see things differently after he is here for a while.

Comment

What does Anthony Davis think?

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
            AD wants outta here. Maybe this will change his mind. Please, oh please, oh please !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
              Yeah I’m not sure there’s any bridge left, but ya never know.

Comment

They would be an interesting combo - maybe Kyrie will want to come to NO now and play with Zion. If he were in the NBA this year he'd be the 2nd heaviest player in the league at 285 lbs with a 45" vertical - just one inch below Zach Levine's 46" - That is incredible To put that in context - Blake Griffin weighs 248 pounds with a 35.5" vertical
                Last edited by Jordan; 6 days ago.

Comment

I'm a six foot white boy with a three inch vertical leap but the heart of a lion (african ancestors). Put me in coach, I can play centerfield.

Comment

Sounds like AD still wants out and it is hard to see how even Zion coming could wash away the stain of the end of his tenure here, which got ugly. Hopefully, they can get a nice package to help build around Zion and that the league won't interject themselves into that like they did with Chris Paul.

The East is showing how a quickly a team with young phenoms can develop into a contender while Houston, with Harden and Paul, are going home again. I have heard Zion is not happy about coming to NOLA and the last we need is another disgruntled player who doesn't want to be here (I'm talking to you Eric Gordon,) so we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                      I'm a six foot white boy with a three inch vertical leap but the heart of a lion (african ancestors). Put me in coach, I can play centerfield.
                      Thats funny.... you probably have me beat by about 2 inches, at my advanced age of 68 with titanium knees
                      But at the height of my powers (I'm 5'9") I could touch the rim... after my first summer in Colorado with no transportation but a 10 speed & a thumb, 17 miles from the nearest town. Then I bought a car, no more rim touching,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                        Wow! Only a 6% chance of getting that number one pick. Lucky dogs. Seems like a genuinely nice young man. Hope that it works out for both entities. Living in Washington DC I had the pleasure of enjoying Wes Unseld, another 6’8” player. He was a joy and his height did not hinder his performance. Even against Lou Alcindor he held his own. Good for New Orleans.
                        I had the pleasure of seeing Big Wes & Butch Beard playing for Louisville at the Holiday Festival back in 1967 or 68... great player!
                        Zion is about his size but leaps like MIchael Jordan or Dominique Wilkins

Comment

Yea, AD has made a lot of noise about leaving, hard to say what he'll do now
                          I hope they don't try to turn Zion into another 3 pt. shooting sissy
                          TAKE IT TO THE HOLE BIG MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                            Yea, AD has made a lot of noise about leaving, hard to say what he'll do now
                            I hope they don't try to turn Zion into another 3 pt. shooting sissy
                            TAKE IT TO THE HOLE BIG MAN!
                            Times have changed. People have changed. The game has changed. People who have never seriously played the game and people who make their lives on the game have changed. Not for me to cast judgement. However,man oh man, did I love and miss that Big Man going to the hoop, try and stop me style of play. Don’t get me wrong. Dr. J and Michael Jordan and those that followed. Excellent. But a couple of bruisers going mano a mano? Perhaps not good tv in our modern era but I sure miss it.

Comment

Oh and another 6’8” player worth mentioning, Connie Hawkins. From the past but the rev might know. Or pretend.

Comment

Working...
                              X