Todd Snider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Snider

I attempted to post this story in it's entirety but for reasons unknown to me the software/powers that be rejected it so I'll try just post a link to the story. It occurred to me that probably a large number of folks here are not familiar with Snider and his work. He's a story teller as much as anything else. And his stories are almost always true......or at least close.
    Just for grins leading into the weekend, a couple of moments with Todd Snider. Censors permitting?

http://tesi88.tripod.com/snider/devils.htm

Loved his work with Twisted Sister.

Comment

This made me visualize a Venn diagram of people who like Todd, who also love Keller Williams, and who frequently listen to Phish. I think the nexus of the overlapping groups is the leads list for Volkswagen salesmen, but I digress. I had a firm impression of Todd, having seen him a number of times, that was more rooted in this fun, but lite, ditty:

But then I heard this in the last couple of weeks and have had to re-think my earlier seemingly-cemented opinion:

Comment

Hard Working Americans show a couple years ago was a highlight for me in terms of live performances over the past several years. He put out a nice live album from that tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Molo View Post
          Hard Working Americans show a couple years ago was a highlight for me in terms of live performances over the past several years. He put out a nice live album from that tour.
          I went to see that combination as often as I could anywhere that was remotely reachable. Fine put together band of excellent musicians and Todd thrown into the mix. I did not think that it could last forever. As I mentioned in the "summer concert" thread, I suspicioned that Todd would wear the others out. I happen to be an early riser and after one of their shows the night before I was out and about around sevenish. There was Todd. Goofy or loopy as ever. We conversed but it wasn't a conversation about physics.

Comment

I've seen Todd a number of times; two shows were clunkers and I'm not sure I'll bother going again after the last one. I don't know if he was messed up or having an anxiety attack or something but he stood there with his eyes closed and ripped through his more familiar tunes without telling any stories. 45 minutes and he was done.

I donated his book to the TH raffle a few years ago. The chapter titled "Jerry Jeff Walker's Balls" was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
              I've seen Todd a number of times; two shows were clunkers and I'm not sure I'll bother going again after the last one. I don't know if he was messed up or having an anxiety attack or something but he stood there with his eyes closed and ripped through his more familiar tunes without telling any stories. 45 minutes and he was done.
              Sounds like the Clapton show at Jazzfest a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

I donated his book to the TH raffle a few years ago. The chapter titled "Jerry Jeff Walker's Balls" was pretty funny.
                I won that book! I've only see him a couple of times (first time was solo and great, the 2nd time he played with a band that didn't seem to really know his stuff and was OK), but have been a fan for years. Wish I had seen the Hard Working Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

I won that book! I've only see him a couple of times (first time was solo and great, the 2nd time he played with a band that didn't seem to really know his stuff and was OK), but have been a fan for years. Wish I had seen the Hard Working Americans.
                  I've seen Todd very many times. I haven't really seen a bad show, but the ones lately were not as good as they used to be. Realize, of course, that I actually saw him at the Daily Planet back in the college days.

Comment

Working...
                  X