Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make America Hate Again.

Should be Trumps new campaign slogan.

My heart goes out to El Paso and Dayton.

Indeed... Meanwhile, a bi-partisan bill strengthening background checks passed by the House has been sat on for six months by Moscow Mitch. And let's not forget we had an assault rifle ban signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1994 that the Republican Congress let lapse in 2004. Hate to get political but this we are at a sad place in this country when you can't even go to the Mall to shop for Back To School supplies or got to a Garlic Festival without getting shot up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      Should be Trumps new campaign slogan.

My heart goes out to El Paso and Dayton.
      For once we agree....

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        Indeed... Meanwhile, a bi-partisan bill strengthening background checks passed by the House has been sat on for six months by Moscow Mitch. And let's not forget we had an assault rifle ban signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1994 that the Republican Congress let lapse in 2004. Hate to get political but this we are at a sad place in this country when you can't even go to the Mall to shop for Back To School supplies or got to a Garlic Festival without getting shot up.
        Don't "hate to get political"! Trump is threatening the entire concept of American Democracy & needs to be stopped. Separating little kids from their parents & locking them in cages? Unspeakable... & don't forget that the Holocaust didn't START with gas chambers... that was "the Final Solution"
        Last edited by revjimk; 08-05-2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

It's terrifying.
          Between the massive amounts of weapons easily available, the lack of mental health facilities, and the politicians who have their heads up their asses (and their hands in the wallets of the NRA), it is a very scary time.
          The list of places where there have been mass shootings grows by the day.
          You would have thought that Sandy Hook would have spurred politicians to action, but I guess murdering little children wasn't enough.
          If not that, what?
          Look for exits, wherever you go. You clearly will never know when you'll be running towards one....

Comment

We need to remember we had a weapons ban in 1994 that was effective but the Republicans let it lapse in 2004. The Trump administration early on overturned Obama-era policy that made it more difficult for mentally ill people to buy guns. And Moscow Mitch has sat on bi-partisan legislation passed by the House to strengthen background checks for 6 months.

This is not political fingerpointing...it's facts. You add it all up and it is hard to not believe the administration is bought and sold to the NRA. It is time for the country to move past their obstruction and allegiance to the NRA and demand things start to happen to protect us and make this country whole again. I guess the only way that will happen in the end is through the ballot box when people not beholden to the NRA are elected.
            Last edited by chopitulas; 08-05-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

To make this thread musical, a modest entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2q_FUOwfl4

Comment

The horror continues, 31 dead in Ohio and Texas, 51 shot in Chicago this weekend, 51! Too many guns too easily obtained by people who shouldn't have them. I loathe McConnell and Trump, but they aren't the primary problem--people vote for them. WE are the problem until we make this a make-or-break issue.

Comment

Just be sure to vote in 2020.
                  We might be able to flip Texas from red to blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                    Just be sure to vote in 2020.
                    We might be able to flip Texas from red to blue.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Lets leave the political BS for FB and other sites. Acts were performed by evil sick humans Period.

Comment

Acts are performed on stage at the Fairgrounds , murder was committed on innocent people ! Evil, sick humans were involved. People in positions of power ought not provide motivation for evil , sick humans to commit murder!

Comment

I took a motorcycle trip through the southwest with my brother 20 years ago, and a couple of things seriously stuck out in my mind. One was my wife saying that if we were headed to Texas one/both of us was going to have to arm ourselves, which I took as paranoid BS - even though she'd lived in Albuquerque and had a passing brush with the Banditos MC. The second was the owner of the motorcycle rental joint who asked if we were heading past New Mexico, lamenting that if we did he'd never see his motorcycle again. C'mon now, people! It ain't that bad. Then we crossed the river from Laughlin to Bullhead City and pulled into a gas station... where everyone but us was strapped. Like, holster wild-west freakin' strapped. I joked with my brother (who had erred on the side of caution) to go slap his on to pay for our gas. A chilling moment etched in my memory, and those were pea-shooters compared to what former good-guys are bringing out. As I get to the age where I become more invisible and more-easily ignored, now, of all times, I have the epiphany that a personality test like the fictional Voight-Kampff test from Blade Runner would be one way to weed out the sociopaths who want to own weaponry, but who knows, maybe that's a protected/confidential status that could impact your job, family relationships, etc, etc. And it wouldn't prevent those folks from inheriting a collection, going to Nevada/Arizona/Texas/Florida and establishing the thinnest veneer of residency, or just going to a gun show. But you're right, let's keep it light, talk hopefully about upcoming festival acts, and start working the leather on that quick-draw rig.

Comment

Originally posted by PatNChrisAZ View Post
                            Lets leave the political BS for FB and other sites. Acts were performed by evil sick humans Period.
                            And those sick human beings show up in places where many are gathered like music festivals. Every year I pray that no nut case goes off at Fest, and I'm not a very religious person. This issue concerns us. Politicians are doing nothing about it. We the People need to have a talk.

Comment

In the supposed "good old days" of the board we had many a political discussion. They are few and far between now, but I welcome them as long as we all play nice.

Hell....New Orleans in the years right after Katrina, when this board was supposedly in it's prime, just about everything related to the cities comeback had politics attached to the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X