Make America Hate Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zzupschuck View Post

I do like Dread Zeppelin. And like Led Zeppelin.... their early stuff was the best.
    Agreed on both.

For some reason Zeppelin’s music has not aged as well for me as many of their contemporaries’ music has though. Same with The Doors.

But Bustle in Your Hedgerow’s take definitely rekindled my appreciation for Zeppelin’s music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post

The Bill Graham book is something you ought to read, not just for the Zep stuff, but altogether one of the best books about music and the biz in those days ever.
      I will track it down. I did read a book many moons ago called Hammerhead Of The Gods or something like that, which from partial memory seemed to glorify Led Zeps carrying on from back in the day

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        I don't hate trump. I hate what our country has become under his leadership....or lack thereof. And who can deny that after 4 years of him in the White House, there is much less 'great' and much more 'hate' then in 2016. Nice job, Bozo.
        Growing up in the NY area I observed and despised Trump since the late 70s/early 80s especially since the Central Park 5 debacle. He has always been a self serving, lying, cheating, bragging pos. I started to actually hate him when he went out of his way to promote the idiotic concept that President Obama was not born in America which seemed to kickstart his racism based presidential campaign. My point being that I have no problem at all saying that I "hate" Donald Trump, especially after the way he has dealt with this pandemic. And I rarely use the word "hate" when it comes to people but I save it for scum like this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Shouldn't this be on the Led Zeppelin thread ??
          Good try, but I don't think Trump's deeds are a joking matter

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Growing up in the NY area I observed and despised Trump since the late 70s/early 80s especially since the Central Park 5 debacle. He has always been a self serving, lying, cheating, bragging pos. I started to actually hate him when he went out of his way to promote the idiotic concept that President Obama was not born in America which seemed to kickstart his racism based presidential campaign. My point being that I have no problem at all saying that I "hate" Donald Trump, especially after the way he has dealt with this pandemic. And I rarely use the word "hate" when it comes to people but I save it for scum like this guy.
            Totally agree. He's always been a con artist. How about his 4 bankruptcies? Lots of suppliers, employees & contractors got burned. And he kept doing it! Not like a bankruptcy where somebody loses their job & has medical expenses.... he ripped people off in his perverted lust fot $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by carlindj View Post
              .... (unless they've attacked me or a friend or family member, personally or physically)........
              There are 4,300,000 Americans (and their friends and family members) who have legitimate reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta View Post
                There are 4,300,000 Americans (and their friends and family members) who have legitimate reason.
                Thank You!

Please register to vote. Vote for change.
                Try to vote early to avoid crowds.

fyi:
                Check your location for dates. Early voting starts Oct. 13 in Texas.
                Registration ends Oct. 5. Please check your dates and vote.

Vote 2020

Comment

• Despicable comment by Trump about maybe postponing the election using unproven and BS allegations about potential voter fraud. Such comments cannot be taken lightly. It remains to be seen if any Republican has the balls to stand up and say No to this despot.

Comment

• You can register to vote online.

Vote.org

Vote 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                      Despicable comment by Trump about maybe postponing the election using unproven and BS allegations about potential voter fraud. Such comments cannot be taken lightly. It remains to be seen if any Republican has the balls to stand up and say No to this despot.
                      FEC commissioner to Trump: 'No. You don't have the power to move the election'

He is just trying to de-legitimize the results when he gets his bloated, spray tanned ass kicked on Nov 3rd. It will not work whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                        Despicable comment by Trump about maybe postponing the election using unproven and BS allegations about potential voter fraud. Such comments cannot be taken lightly. It remains to be seen if any Republican has the balls to stand up and say No to this despot.
                        The silence and lack of action by many of the Republicans is sad and reflects very badly upon them as a whole.

As for the corpulent cretin who is meant to be in charge, it would seem that self preservation rather than the good of the nation is his mantra at present

Grand Old Party led by a someone that may well end up as God i.e. Gruesome Old Despot.

Comment

• Kudos for Neil Young

Vote 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

Agreed on both.

For some reason Zeppelin’s music has not aged as well for me as many of their contemporaries’ music has though. Same with The Doors.

But Bustle in Your Hedgerow’s take definitely rekindled my appreciation for Zeppelin’s music.
                            I was never a big Zep fan but I did like The Doors a lot. Some of their tunes have held up but, especially towards the end, a lot of The Doors‘ appeal was Jim Morrison’s self-destructive performance art. That hasn’t aged well, IMO. I have come to appreciate Led Zep more after listening to some of their earlier stuff.

Comment

• My dad has covid. It's going around the hospital he works at and lots of doctors are currently sick. He is pretty sick but doing ok at home. Another doctor he works with is sick too and is hospitalized.

This whole situation is fucked. We are really in trouble this winter if something isn't done soon. Most off our problems can be traced directly to Trump.
                              Last edited by TornAndFrayed; 2 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
                                My dad has covid. It's going around the hospital he works at and lots of doctors are currently sick. He is pretty sick but doing ok at home. Another doctor he works with is sick too and is hospitalized.

This whole situation is fucked. We are really in trouble this winter if something isn't done soon. Most off our problems can be traced directly to Trump.
                                I'm not one to pray but I hope your Dad has a full recovery. I agree, Trump seems to be banking on a vaccine that face facts, will only work so well and most of his supporters have already said they will refuse to take it. I'd be shocked if it was even available until next year at the very least.

Summer here in New Orleans tends to be slow normally but if things cannot start to really open back up this Fall there will be mass closings of businesses and most likely an explosion of crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X