Saints 2019. The road back to Miami...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lit View Post
    Being a Giants fan, I've been rooting for draft position since mid-season. But I am rooting for the Saints and the Ravens to meet in the Super Bowl because we choose the food we serve for our Super Bowl party based in the match-up, and I want to have a tub of killer crab cakes from G&M in Maryland and then make a handful of recipes from the new New Orleans cookbook I got for Mrs. Lit for Christmas, starting with Pan Fried Green Tomatoes with Burrata and Country Ham.
    What would the worst matchup be?

I think the Bills vs Vikings. You'd be serving wings, weck, jello salad and lutefisk.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

What would the worst matchup be?

I think the Bills vs Vikings. You'd be serving wings, weck, jello salad and lutefisk.
      Mrs. Lit went to college in Buffalo and her family are all Bills fans; and we're well accustomed to wings and weck, so that would be fine. Minnesota, on the other hand--yikes!

Comment

Went to the game. Tough one. Saints got beat, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
          Bad day for Drew and Lutz to make the mistakes they did. Still, a good season overall.

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              Yep, the offense didn't perform today. Another long off season...oh well...Great regular season. When Drew Brees went out with his thumb injury, I figured the Saints would be happy with a 9-7 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Mrs. Lit went to college in Buffalo and her family are all Bills fans; and we're well accustomed to wings and weck, so that would be fine. Minnesota, on the other hand--yikes!

A bit nervous about that Vikings Niners matchup on Saturday with the added question of where we'll be able to catch the game in Guadalajara. One of our first tasks upon arrival will be to locate a good nearby sports bar.

Comment

Well, the Saints may not be going to Miami but the 49ers are!

Comment

Congrats Niners and Chiefs !! I'll be pulling for KC, but I think it's the Niners year.

Comment

• Nice job, KC !!

Comment

• I thought this might come down to which QB could rise to the occasion in Crunch Time. Clearly, that was Mahomes. I never was sold on Garapollo being able to do that. (Really, it was more Kittles who beat the Saints late than him.)

My girlfriend, who has psychic abilities and who knows less than zero about football, said before the game, "My predicition...it will go well for the Niners but the 4th quarter will be rough." She didn't watch but when I saw her after the game, I had to tell her she had it right. She has pinpointed the Saints' demise accurately more than once, as well.

Comment

• It was like the spirit of Pete Carroll took over Shanahan's mind. The Niners have been a running team all year. We saw what they did in the playoffs with their running game. But, on their last two possessions with the lead, instead of running every down, they tried passing over the middle. Full marks to KC, but in my book that was a coaching failure by SF. Oh, well.

Comment

• Why, oh why, did the Niners quit running the ball? It was what got them to the SB in the first place!

Comment

• KC noticed that and stacked the D against the run. SF noticed that and used the air to get a 10-point lead. KC readjusted D and adjusted offense to score 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. It's not just who has the best players, it's also who has the coaches who make the needed adjustments during the game. This was a great Super Bowl. I'm a long-suffering Bears fan, but rooted for KC to see Andy Reid get his due. SF is a fine team and will likely be back soon; next season could even be a rematch!

Comment

Working...
                              X