Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals 2020!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Other Festivals 2020!

    Here is a list of 950 festivals for 2020.

    https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...vals-usa-2020/

  • #2
    Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
    Here is a list of 950 festivals for 2020.

    https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...vals-usa-2020/
    OMG. That is a rabbit hole. Thanks, Fred!

    Comment


    • #3
      has anyone been to the DiscoverJazz festival in Burlington VT? I am thinking of going next year. https://discoverjazz.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Line-up Announcement to the Big Ears Festival 2020 in Knoxville, Tennessee:

        https://bigearsfestival.org/lineup/#/

        Highlights include:

        Andrew Cyrille (3 concerts, in duets with Peter Brotzmann and Marc Ribot and leading own band)

        Anthony Braxton (3 concerts: solo, Diamond Curtain Wall Trio, and Thunder Music Ensemble)

        Aurora Nealand and the Royal Roses

        Christian Scott

        Dan Weiss Starebaby (with Craig Taborn and Matt Mitchell)

        Harriet Tubman

        Jaime Branch's Fly or Die

        Jason Moran and the Harlem Hellfighters

        Marc Ribot

        Mdou Moctar

        Moonlight Benjamin

        Myra Melford's Snowy Egret

        Peter Brotzmann

        Shabaka and the Ancestors

        Steve Coleman and Five Elements

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't even remember starting this thread. Sure wish we could title it bennyboy's 2020 Festivals.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
            I don't even remember starting this thread. Sure wish we could title it bennyboy's 2020 Festivals.
            I trust that Benny Boy is having fun as we speak.

            Hope you have been having fun on the festival trail Fearless Fred, are you heading to VOW?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gards View Post

              I trust that Benny Boy is having fun as we speak.

              Hope you have been having fun on the festival trail Fearless Fred, are you heading to VOW?
              Yes, VOW & Crescent City Blues. After Crescent City then Lone Star Blues. Festivals for the next three weekends.

              Missing The Biscuit this weekend.
              Will miss Friday at VOW, we will be in Lake Charles for Alison Krauss.

              Comment


              • #8
                This weekend Richmond Folk Festival with Dale Watson, Super Chickan, Beausoleil and many other wonderful acts I don't even know about yet for Friday and Saturday then Sunday to Charlottesville for Festy with Samantha Fish, Anders and others then the next weekend CCBBQ! The end of the outdoor concert season makes me sadder than Christmas being over when I was a kid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                  Yes, VOW & Crescent City Blues. After Crescent City then Lone Star Blues. Festivals for the next three weekends.

                  Missing The Biscuit this weekend.
                  Will miss Friday at VOW, we will be in Lake Charles for Alison Krauss.
                  Good luck to you.

                  I will be sorry to miss you at VOW and CCB+BBQ but life is getting in the way of travel at present.

                  But I think that I have had a pretty good run over the last decade or so

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
                    Line-up Announcement to the Big Ears Festival 2020 in Knoxville, Tennessee:

                    https://bigearsfestival.org/lineup/#/

                    Highlights include:

                    Andrew Cyrille (3 concerts, in duets with Peter Brotzmann and Marc Ribot and leading own band)

                    Anthony Braxton (3 concerts: solo, Diamond Curtain Wall Trio, and Thunder Music Ensemble)

                    Aurora Nealand and the Royal Roses

                    Christian Scott

                    Dan Weiss Starebaby (with Craig Taborn and Matt Mitchell)

                    Harriet Tubman

                    Jaime Branch's Fly or Die

                    Jason Moran and the Harlem Hellfighters

                    Marc Ribot

                    Mdou Moctar

                    Moonlight Benjamin

                    Myra Melford's Snowy Egret

                    Peter Brotzmann

                    Shabaka and the Ancestors

                    Steve Coleman and Five Elements

                    Just checked their website and the full line-up for 2020. The diversity is magical and some absolutely wonderful artists...I would also add Joe Henry to your highlights list (worried to hear of his recent cancer diagnosis) and if you're going, check out The Necks - fabulous jazz from down under.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by peteup View Post


                      Just checked their website and the full line-up for 2020. The diversity is magical and some absolutely wonderful artists...I would also add Joe Henry to your highlights list (worried to hear of his recent cancer diagnosis) and if you're going, check out The Necks - fabulous jazz from down under.
                      Thanks. Yes, I'm planning on going. This will be my third year in a row. A great music festival.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

                        Thanks. Yes, I'm planning on going. This will be my third year in a row. A great music festival.
                        Check out Thundercat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lit, solid move to bail on Kurt Vile. As much as I like his music, he's a snooze live each time I've seen him.

                          Deep Blues Fest next weekend.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X