Other Festivals 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halley8 View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a Lockn VIP ticket last night, anyone done VIP? hope its worth it and the lineup is decent
    If you are old like us, yes it is worth it. VIP RV especially- such little walking, so convenient. Food you get is not great but not bad. Free water is a nice amenity, and walking right up to the front of the stage basically any time you want is great. As is the outdoor lounge area. Not a huge Phil guy, so may not buy until seeing the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by ohio View Post

If you are old like us, yes it is worth it. VIP RV especially- such little walking, so convenient. Food you get is not great but not bad. Free water is a nice amenity, and walking right up to the front of the stage basically any time you want is great. As is the outdoor lounge area. Not a huge Phil guy, so may not buy until seeing the lineup.
      Agree with all.
      Pretty tired of the “Dead” thing elsewhere. I mean geez, that’s tedious after six or seven decades, but Lockn’s promoters have both a connection and a skill. If it’s going to be good, it’s going to be good there.
      I like the new dates.
      I’m tempted.
      It’s just that “Dead” deal.
      (and I go way back)

Comment

Comment

I do not see myself making Big Ears in 2020.
          But for those that are interested in going fyi.

BIG EARS TICKET ALERT!

We’re certainly thrilled to report that Big Ears 2020 has experienced unprecedented response and demand for weekend passes. If the current pace continues, we expect the 2020 festival to sell out weeks in advance for the first time in Big Ears history.

The limited quantities of Weekend Premier and Sonic Explorer VIP passes will be the first to go. We expect both to sell out during the holidays, but possibly sooner. The remaining GA passes will also be reaching the Tier III pricing level in the near future as well.

Comment

A nice little (initial) lineup at DelFest if it's your type of music (looks really good to me):

https://www.jambase.com/article/delfest-lineup-2020

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
              A nice little (initial) lineup at DelFest if it's your type of music (looks really good to me):

Very cool to see local boy (and scary musician in his own right) Joe Craven doin' festival MC duties on this one - he's already shown his glib announcing skills at a few California fest's... this may be a very good way to extend one's audience reach and career arc!

Comment

Thanks, I have wanted to go with friends for a while and could never make the August dates happen. The move to June, a week before my birthday, was just too convenient to pass up. Not too excited about a "Dead heavy" lineup either, but I'm sure there will be plenty of music I can enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Agree with all.
                  Pretty tired of the “Dead” thing elsewhere. I mean geez, that’s tedious after six or seven decades, but Lockn’s promoters have both a connection and a skill. If it’s going to be good, it’s going to be good there.
                  I like the new dates.
                  I’m tempted.
                  It’s just that “Dead” deal.
                  (and I go way back)
                  Picked up my ‘Lumni ticket. Price and 45 minute door to door trip makes it a no brainer for me. Good thing is there are often good sit ins for Leah and Friends (Trucks, Anders, Stringdusters, Haynes, etc.) which I enjoy. The Foundations of Funk set two years ago with some of Dead and Co. joining was great. They do a nice job with collaborations at Lockn.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Nice lineup. Hope most of that lineup ends up at Telluride Bluegrass 3 weeks later.

Comment

DelFest

DelFest will return for its 13th year in 2020 as the festival has begun to share details on next year’s weekend festival. On Thursday, event organizers announced that the 2020 event, which will take place at the Allegany County Fairgrounds in Cumberland, MD on May 21st-24th, will treat attendees to performances throughout the weekend from host bands The Del McCoury Band and The Travelin’ McCourys along with Béla Fleck & The Flecktones, Billy Strings, and more.

Other artists included in the event’s initial 2020 lineup announcement include Old Crow Medicine Show, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Punch Brothers, Sam Bush, Mandolin Orange, The Infamous Stringdusters, and Sierra Hull.

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post

Thanks, I have wanted to go with friends for a while and could never make the August dates happen. The move to June, a week before my birthday, was just too convenient to pass up. Not too excited about a "Dead heavy" lineup either, but I'm sure there will be plenty of music I can enjoy
                        You will have a blast for sure! Have been every year except year 1, and there is always great music, great collaborations, great staff, kind fans. Be advised that entry can be rough, though never for VIP. Just have stash well stashed and don't try to sneak any glass bottles in. The short line and slack security at entry makes VIP even more worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Molo View Post

Picked up my ‘Lumni ticket. Price and 45 minute door to door trip makes it a no brainer for me. Good thing is there are often good sit ins for Leah and Friends (Trucks, Anders, Stringdusters, Haynes, etc.) which I enjoy. The Foundations of Funk set two years ago with some of Dead and Co. joining was great. They do a nice job with collaborations at Lockn.
                          Last year was the first year with no real Dead headliner. Many of the faithful stayed home because of that. I thought it was excellent! TTB is my favorite act these days and their collaborations with Trey were beyond my expectations. And the smaller than usual crowd was perfect. Change of dates makes it hard for me to pull the trigger- it will have to be an awesome lineup to get me back. This is the first time I won't be grabbing a 'lumni ticket.

Comment

Last year was the first year with no real Dead headliner. Many of the faithful stayed home because of that. I thought it was excellent! TTB is my favorite act these days and their collaborations with Trey were beyond my expectations. And the smaller than usual crowd was perfect. Change of dates makes it hard for me to pull the trigger- it will have to be an awesome lineup to get me back. This is the first time I won't be grabbing a 'lumni ticket.
                            Could of sworn I saw Wolf Bros with Susan Tedeschi from there headlining

Comment

Winter Jazzfest, Manhattan Marathon lineups (January 10, 11, 2020):
                              Friday, January 10

Night 1

AMBROSE AKINMUSIRE

ANGELA MORRIS’ SKELLETTES

BLACKS MYTHS

BRAXTON COOK

BRIGHT DOG RED

BUTCHER BROWN

CHRISTIAN SANDS

CONNIE HAN TRIO

COUSIN FROM ANOTHER PLANET

GODWIN LOUIS

GREGOIRE MARET AND ROMAIN COLLIN’S “AMERICANA” W/ MARVIN SEWELL

HAILU MERGIA

HALVORSON & DIETERICH

HYPNOTIC BRASS ENSEMBLE

IGMAR THOMAS' REVIVE BIG BAND W/ NICHOLAS PAYTON, TERRACE MARTIN + MORE

IKEBE SHAKEDOWN

JAMIE BAUM & SHORT STORIES “OF STRUGGLES AND TRIUMPHS”

JOEY ALEXANDER

JURE PUKL

KALIA VANDEVER

KARRIEM RIGGINS & GUESTS

KENDRA SHANK: A TRIBUTE TO ABBEY LINCOLN

KOKOROKO

KRISTINA KOLLER

MAE.SUN

MARC RIBOT’S CERAMIC DOG

MARK GUILIANA JAZZ QUARTET W/ GRETCHEN PARLATO

MARY LATTIMORE

MATTHEW WHITAKER

MICHAEL MAYO

MICHAEL OLATUJA'S "LAGOS

NASHEET WAITS EQUALITY

NATE WOOLEY'S COLUMBIA ICEFIELD

NIKARA AND BLACK WALL STREET

QUIANA LYNELL

RON ARTIS II & THE TRUTH

SASHA MASAKOWSKI AS TRA$H MAGNOLIA

STEVEN BERNSTEIN'S [email protected]

SUNNY JAIN’S WILD WILD EAST

TED POOR

THE JAZZ GALLERY ALL-STARS

THEO BLECKMANN’S MIXTAPE

TODD SICKAFOOSE'S BEAR PROOF

YES! TRIO W/ ALI JACKSON, AARON GOLDBERG, OMER AVITAL

+ MORE TBA

Saturday, January 11

Night 2

WJF AND REVIVE MUSIC PRESENT ‘REVIVE YO FEELINGS: A MUSICIANS WELLNESS BENEFIT’ W/ ROBERT GLASPER, TERRACE MARTIN + MORE

ALAN BRAUFMAN'S VALLEY OF SEARCH W/ COOPER MOORE

ANNE PACÉO

BECCA STEVENS

BRANDEE YOUNGER'S SOUL AWAKENING

CUP FEAT. NELS CLINE + YUKA C. HONDA

DOMINIQUE FILS AIME

DONNY MCCASLIN GROUP

EYM TRIO

GEORGE BURTON BAND

GREGG AUGUST'S DIALOGUES ON RACE

HAROLD LOPEZ-NUSSA

HELEN SUNG PRESENTS SUNG WITH WORDS

HEROES ARE GANG LEADERS' FEATURING JAMES BRANDON LEWIS

HYPNOTIC BRASS ENSEMBLE W/ THE ERA

ISSAC DELGADO

JESSICA JONES QUARTET

JIM SNIDERO PROJECT-K

JONATHAN JURION FT. JOWEE OMICIL

KARRIEM RIGGINS (DJ)

KASSA OVERALL'S "I THINK I'M GOOD”

KAT EDMONSON

LAILA BIALI

LAKECIA BENJAMIN PRESENTS PURSUANCE: THE MUSIC OF THE COLTRANES

LARAAJI

MAKAYA MCCRAVEN

MARQUIS HILL: NEW GOSPEL REVISITED

MARK GUILIANA’S UNHOLY ROW

NAISSAM JALAL

NITE BJUTI FEAT. VAL JEANTY, CANDICE HOYES AND MIMI JONES

NIR FELDER TRIO

PASQUALE GRASSO

PETROS KLAMPANOS

PLUME FT. KUSH ABADEY

RENE MARIE

REVELATOR W/ BILL LASWELL

ROBERT GLASPER

SAMANTHA BOSHNACK'S SEISMIC BELT

SARA SERPA

STEVE LEHMAN TRIO + CRAIG TABORN

SUSAN ALCORN QUINTET

TERRACE MARTIN

THE COOKERS

THEO CROKER'S STAR PEOPLE NATION

THOMAS DE POURQUERY & SUPERSONIC FT. JAIMIE BRANCH

TOMMASO CAPPELLATO

URI CAINE'S THE PASSION OF OCTAVIUS CATTO

+ MORE TBA

Comment

Hangout.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X