Ferry News That Ain't So Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
    FERRY SERVICE HAS RETURNED TO THE POINT!!! Hopefully the new company in charge will do a better job than the pathetic one that Transdev did. Thanks again to the hard working folks of Algiers Point for the great job you all did to help make this happen.
    One can only thank FRAUD Quint for all of his positivity and goodwill towards the people of Algiers Point and surrounds.

He may get the Gretna Ferry going again?

Comment

At Last! Hope this new company is what we need, Mark.
      I have it on good authority that if the new ferries are not fully operational and providing optimal service this week, Bonnie Raitt is prepared to personally carry individual passengers across the Mississippi on her back as she selflessly swims between Algiers Point and Canal St. every 45 minutes, although on the weekends service might be limited to more restricted hours if she is sitting in with NRBQ somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

I have it on good authority that if the new ferries are not fully operational and providing optimal service this week, Bonnie Raitt is prepared to personally carry individual passengers across the Mississippi on her back as she selflessly swims between Algiers Point and Canal St. every 45 minutes, although on the weekends service might be limited to more restricted hours if she is sitting in with NRBQ somewhere.
        FAKE NEWS: She's moving to Poland. My Bonnie lies over the ocean.

Comment

I see y'all celebrated the news with a mandatory water boil. Congrats.

What a week for infrastructure when you add in the replacement ferry -- because the brand new $10 million ones aren't seaworthy -- a cyber attack shuts down city hall, explosion at Sewerage and Water, two water main breaks, and the giant tombstone that is the Hard Rock will now take until summer to remove. Jesus, this town is broken, lol.

Can y'all just use the replacement ferry permanently and get our $10 million back?

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post

What a week for infrastructure when you add in the replacement ferry -- because the brand new $10 million ones aren't seaworthy -- a cyber attack shuts down city hall, explosion at Sewerage and Water, two water main breaks, and the giant tombstone that is the Hard Rock will now take until summer to remove. Jesus, this town is broken, lol.

Can y'all just use the replacement ferry permanently and get our $10 million back?
            You mean give the 10 million back to Bobby Jindal who appropriated the city that amount for the new boats after he, in his Tea Party wisdom, removed ferries from state control. After that a typical NOLA elected government official gave Metal Shark the contract because his own company sold them hardware for the vessels. Water boils are an ongoing issue for the entire city and happen less on our side than anywhere else, and infrastructure problems are nothing new. The Hard Rock thing is a nightmare, but as long as the ferry is running, nobody is going to rain on our parade. Come on, over Quint. We can always use a little ray of sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNxYFZTg2EA

Comment

Yup. And this morning an underground explosion in the French Quarter blew out 3 manholes and exploded two cars. Things can fall apart quickly in this town, then take years to fix.

You Lol all you want. Some of us aren't laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Yup. And this morning an underground explosion in the French Quarter blew out 3 manholes and exploded two cars. Things can fall apart quickly in this town, then take years to fix.

You Lol all you want. Some of us aren't laughing.
                Yup, the Quarter is full of shit!!!!
                https://wwl.radio.com/articles/human...jgwbN2vsg_F8aQ

Comment

Somehow living in Mid City I manage to never be affected by all of the infrastructure craziness that happens in this city (except for lousy internet service) but it's just a matter of time I guess.

Comment

You mean give the 10 million back to Bobby Jindal who appropriated the city that amount for the new boats after he, in his Tea Party wisdom, removed ferries from state control. After that a typical NOLA elected government official gave Metal Shark the contract because his own company sold them hardware for the vessels. Water boils are an ongoing issue for the entire city and happen less on our side than anywhere else, and infrastructure problems are nothing new. The Hard Rock thing is a nightmare, but as long as the ferry is running, nobody is going to rain on our parade. Come on, over Quint. We can always use a little ray of sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNxYFZTg2EA
                    Bobby Jindal is a dope, and I'm familiar with all the rest. But I'll repeat: Can y'all just use the replacement ferry permanently -- seems like it is fine and you're happier than a pig in shit (no offense to the Quarter peeps) with it -- and get our $10 million back? I'm glad it's back for the residents, but we got a lot of other needs.

P.S. Was on the Wank Sunday. (Hong Kong Market for the win. I love that BBQ stand in there.) Living over there and relying on the ferry? Nah. I'll let you enjoy the bounties of privatized public transit.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                      Somehow living in Mid City I manage to never be affected by all of the infrastructure craziness that happens in this city (except for lousy internet service) but it's just a matter of time I guess.
                      I'm in Mid City and we've had street flooding, boil advisories, power failures, and potholes, my God the potholes.

I guess if you live here long enough you don't notice that stuff any more, and are just thankful that your street hasn't exploded. Maybe I'll get there someday...
                      Last edited by swag; 12-17-2019, 08:56 AM.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Bobby Jindal is a dope, and I'm familiar with all the rest. But I'll repeat: Can y'all just use the replacement ferry permanently -- seems like it is fine and you're happier than a pig in shit (no offense to the Quarter peeps) with it -- and get our $10 million back? I'm glad it's back for the residents, but we got a lot of other needs.

P.S. Was on the Wank Sunday. (Hong Kong Market for the win. I love that BBQ stand in there.) Living over there and relying on the ferry? Nah. I'll let you enjoy the bounties of privatized public transit.
                        What I don't think you get is that Algiers, The Point and much of what is inexplicably called The West Bank is as much a part of New Orleans as wherever you or anybody else in the city lives. The ten million dollars you keep accusing of us taking or wasting is your side of the city's fault and concern as much as it is ours. We have had working ferry service for over a century and expecting it to continue should be completely understandable. If you followed our Facebook pages and other social media outlets, you would know how actively we are pursuing accountability for all the issues you are concerned with. Drew just threw his record breaking touchdown pass so I gotta go get a beer and a shot. Merry Christmas.
                        Last edited by Kemp; 12-17-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

The replacement ferry is not the end-all. It is just a way to get service back in any way that the new operator can. It is a 60 seat boat and is too small for being a permanent solution. The new ferries are paid for and should be fixed and put in service. Period.

Comment

What I don't think you get is that Algiers, The Point and much of what is unexplainably called The West Bank is as much a part of New Orleans as wherever you or anybody else in the city lives. The ten million dollars you keep accusing of us taking or wasting is your side of the city's fault and concern as much as it is ours. We have had working ferry service for over a century and expecting it to continue should be completely understandable. If you followed our Facebook pages and other social media outlets, you would know how actively we are pursuing accountability for all the issues you are concerned with. Drew just threw his record breaking touchdown pass so I gotta go get a beer and a shot. Merry Christmas.
                            How dare you! My dentist is over there. Good day to you, sir.

(Nobody accused you/us of wasting $10 million, lol. Calm down.)

Originally posted by rosetree View Post

The new ferries are paid for and should be fixed and put in service. Period.
                            At this rate, I might get on a 737 Max first.

Comment

At this rate, I might get on a 737 Max first.
                              Please do.

Comment

Am I hallucinating or are the old ferry boats back in service ?? I have been putting off my trips to the Point, as the boat they have been using looks REALLY small and I've heard they are turning people away.

Comment

Working...
                                X