New MSY allegedly opening November 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MSY allegedly opening November 6

Hard to believe. Anybody have some upcoming travel plans?
    The new terminal for the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is scheduled to open Nov. 6. It brings a wide assortment of food options, with a mix of national

Got to tour it yesterday. It's nice, very nice. But it'll be a bit of a clusterfuck until they complete the service road.

Comment

I'm looking forward to being able to fill my water bottle. Oh, and good food. But I'm not looking forward to having to arrive at the airport early- I'm in the habit of rolling up with very little time to spare when I don't have bags to check. Bummer.

Comment

I have a trip scheduled departing Nov 15. 7 am flight. I already have anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
          I have a trip scheduled departing Nov 15. 7 am flight. I already have anxiety.
          I'm flying out to Austin on Thanksgiving morning. At least there should not be much traffic. Usually I take the E2 bus that goes up Airline. Not sure how that will workout now with the new entrance. Prob get a ride there and checkout the bus on the way home. I do not understand why they did not build a I-10 flyover while the airport was being built like any other city or state would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
            Got to tour it yesterday. It's nice, very nice. But it'll be a bit of a clusterfuck until they complete the service road.
            Which they say will take 2 years! Amazing how long things take to be built a round here.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I'm flying out to Austin on Thanksgiving morning. At least there should not be much traffic. Usually I take the E2 bus that goes up Airline. Not sure how that will workout now with the new entrance. Prob get a ride there and checkout the bus on the way home. I do not understand why they did not build a I-10 flyover while the airport was being built like any other city or state would do.
              I can't imagine that they won't reroute the E2 to serve the new terminal. It'll just take an extra 10-15 minutes.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

I can't imagine that they won't reroute the E2 to serve the new terminal. It'll just take an extra 10-15 minutes.
                I'm sure they will but sucks that it will take longer.

Comment

I'll miss the old terminal. It was easy to negotiate and had a certain charm. And yyr about the service road. And if they say 2 years, well......that's New Orleans time.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Which they say will take 2 years! Amazing how long things take to be built a round here.
                    One of the articles says the I-10 flyover is to be done by "around the end of 2022.". That's three years, at best. Glad we've taken to driving down from Chicago.

Comment

I land on November 21.

In terms of food, while the options will be far better than before (it’s hard to imagine them being worse), one should not expect the quality to match the in-city locations. The brands are licensed from operators we know and love, but they’re still airport food outlets operated by airport food outlet operators (Aramark and Delaware North, I believe).

Comment

Since 1997, I have flown into or out of MSY well over 100 different times, and I don't think I have ever eaten a meal there before.

A quick beer or two before a flight, sure, but I can't see any reason why I would eat in the airport when I am 25 minutes away from a dozen of my favorite restaurants on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                          Since 1997, I have flown into or out of MSY well over 100 different times, and I don't think I have ever eaten a meal there before.

A quick beer or two before a flight, sure, but I can't see any reason why I would eat in the airport when I am 25 minutes away from a dozen of my favorite restaurants on Earth.
                          Main reason is that unexpected 3 hour flight delay.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Right with ya. It's mainly if you get stuck there which has never happened to me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Main reason is that unexpected 3 hour flight delay.
                              yeah, we had one of those coming back from Fest this year. Our 7 pm flight left around 11 pm, I think. And found out the hard way that all the restaurants in the airport close at 8. (We had a late lunch and were not planning on eating at the airport). So in the greatest restaurant city, we had premade sandwiches that had been sitting all day from an airport convenience store. I was so upset!

I wonder if the restaurants will be open later in the new terminal?

Comment

Working...
                              X