No announcement yet.

New MSY allegedly opening November 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gards...to avoid the taxi line, you can hoof it out to the Brothers Fried Chicken on Veterans and have Lisa pick you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      Gards...to avoid the taxi line, you can hoof it out to the Brothers Fried Chicken on Veterans and have Lisa pick you up.

Thanks Mate.

I am fairly confident that Lisa will pick me up from the airport, she normally does as she realises that I am more delirious than usual after all the time in the air and transit etc.

We will have to figure out where I will be but I know I will be arriving on AA so with luck she will find me.

I would not mind heading to Brothers, problem is that even though I am coming for a much shorter spell than usual, I will still most likely have a couple of bags as I will bring raffle stuff with me as usual

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
        Also a friend posted the baggage carousel isn't working so luggage is having to be hand scanned and hand delivered to the planes so some planes are an hour late taking off. This person didn't make their connection because of it.
        That same friend arrived at her destination a day late! I just can't understand the urgency to open the new terminal when they obviously weren't ready.

Comment

According to Nola.com, the lines at security yesterday were so long, unorganized and out of control that fights and anarchy almost broke out. Lets see...….The TSA is fucked, the baggage claim is fucked and you can't get a ride outta there. Welcome to the new MSY. Their new motto should be..."hey, at least we got good food".

I would link article, but Nola.com went to subscription only and my backup, the Advocate is the company that bought out Nola.com and made them this way. I now get my New Orleans news from 20/20's Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
            According to Nola.com, the lines at security yesterday were so long, unorganized and out of control that fights and anarchy almost broke out. Lets see...….The TSA is fucked, the baggage claim is fucked and you can't get a ride outta there. Welcome to the new MSY. Their new motto should be..."hey, at least we got good food".

I would link article, but Nola.com went to subscription only and my backup, the Advocate is the company that bought out Nola.com and made them this way. I now get my New Orleans news from 20/20's Facebook page.
            What was that you just typed about "goes around comes around"? Smart Ass You'll get Yours

Super Bummer about Nola.com. It's the way of the media now a days but it frustrates those of us whom like to survey the scene.

Comment

Had my first experience with the new airport. Could not have gone better. And this included travelling/assisting with an 80-year-old man who needs a wheelchair and his elderly wife. Easy drop off, parked in short term to help them check out, they helped us get them through security. Staff was super helpful. The lines were great. Zero problems with the new exit. Way better than the old dump.

(Which I can't say for AirBnB. It was impossible to find place that was wheelchair accessible, same goes for Uber. None could or would accommodate us. Still not sure how they get around this but they do.)

Comment

I also went through there twice this past weekend with no issues at all. It looks like any other generic looking airport with overpriced food and bevs. I flew out Thanksgiving morning and came back on Sunday night Ubering both ways. Looks like I missed the larger crowds on each day.

Comment

Meant to post on this as well, similar experience to Quint. We gave ourselves like 4 hours to get my daughter from our house near bayou St. John to the gate. It took her under an hour to: get driven to the airport, dropped off at the Southwest area, pay a skycap $5 to check her bag, get thru security, sit down at the gate. And on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. So i hope i'm not giving anyone a false sense of security, but my poor daughter sat around the new airport for 3 hours because her crazy parents were hyper worried about lines/delays/etc that didn't exist.

Comment

Add me to the "twice at the airport with no problems" list. I know people are absolutely shocked that there were a few hiccups when New Orleans opened a new terminal, and it seems like building direct highway access was an afterthought, but New Orleans now has a world class airport and it seems well on its way to resolving the issues that were experienced in the initial days. Certainly there will be times where traffic will be worse and lines longer, but please tell me which major airports don't at times experience that.

Comment

Working...
                    X