No announcement yet.

Autumn Leaves and Snowflakes aka Jazz Fest 2020 Band Rumors and Confirmations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Leaves and Snowflakes aka Jazz Fest 2020 Band Rumors and Confirmations

Last year this topic was up and running late October. Other than The Who, any other rumors?

Cheikh Lo is appearing at Globalfest in New York in January. Close enough. Hopefully, also at Jazzfest in New Orleans!
    Last edited by kh1958; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Wilco is at a music festival in SC the weekend before JF so I would count them as likely for 1st weekend.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if pretty much the entire lineup of the High Water Festival in South Carolina 4/18-4/19 travels on down to Jazz Fest. Rufus Wainwright might be an interesting choice for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
          I wouldn't mind if pretty much the entire lineup of the High Water Festival in South Carolina 4/18-4/19 travels on down to Jazz Fest. Rufus Wainwright might be an interesting choice for sure!
          I was thinking the same about a few others fests that are either too close date-wise, or not close enough geographically, whose artists would fit in nicely in the not-so-BNA non-NOLA band slots, like Sweetwater, MerleFest, Old Settlers.

Which made me think that there ought'a be a roadtrip festival app, one that would be map-based and sortable based on:
          • region
          • route
          • dates
          • music style(s)
          You could let the app pick a sequential festival itinerary, or you could plug in a roadtrip route with dates and let the app show you what'll be nearby and when. Put in a festival guide with links to campgrounds, hotels, roadside attractions, etc., and there'd probably be a good revenue stream (some ads). The user could even cull out a single artist and have the app do a similar sequential mapping with that artist's schedule so you could catch your new favorite down the road.

I personally would spend hours playing with it. So, who's got my app?
          Last edited by duende; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

There is truth to the idea that a lot of festival booking depends on tour routing. Most acts aren't flying across the country for a one-off, but if they are already "in the neighborhood" festivals can usually make it worth their while.

Next year, Sweetwater 420 Fest here in Atlanta is April 24th-26th, the same weekend as the first weekend of Jazzfest. This means two things: 1) I am going to Jazzfest second weekend. 2) Some of those same acts can be expected to play Jazzfest.

To get real specific, Oysterhead has already announced a show at the Saenger, I believe. I don't know if they would be welcome at the Fairgrounds, but stranger things have happened. Gary Clark Jr. is playing 420 Fest, I think you could probably pencil him in for Jazzfest, assuming they don't mind having him two years in a row. Marcus King is the only other act announced for 420 Fest that seems like a fit for Jazzfest.

I am really holding out hope for Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Jazzfest next year. I so want that to happen. For an older artist, Neil still seems to be a pretty safe bet, but on the other hand this could be the last Crazy Horse tour ever. He has apparently put off touring this year behind their new album Colorado, but he says "We plan to be back in 2020!" Make it happen, Quint!

Comment

Originally posted by RobJohnson View Post
              Make it happen, Quint!
              I'll do my best.

Sturgill looks out scanning his tour dates.

Comment

Sturgill AND Crazy Horse? I'm in!

Comment

Somebody is all hopped up on pain meds. He’s out West around those dates. I can’t see it happening, but who knows.

Anyone know what septuagenarian classic rock acts are touring this year?

i think I saw the Eagles. I’m old enough to remember Don saying they could not rightfully carry on after Glenn died. They would seem like a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
                    Somebody is all hopped up on pain meds. He’s out West around those dates. I can’t see it happening, but who knows.

Anyone know what septuagenarian classic rock acts are touring this year?

i think I saw the Eagles. I’m old enough to remember Don saying they could not rightfully carry on after Glenn died. They would seem like a lock.
                    I’m they-should’ve-stopped-after-Bernie-left years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post
                      Somebody is all hopped up on pain meds. He’s out West around those dates. I can’t see it happening, but who
                      Sadly I’m not. I tapered off the pain meds Sunday and now it’s pure Tylenol, naproxen and marijuana.

Back to the subject- where did the Springsteen rumor come from? Announcement of 2020 tour?

Comment

FWIW, The Maverick are in Texas April 24 and 25. April 26th is open. Then they are playing in Pennsylvania and New York 4/30- 5/2. Jazzfest first Sunday?

Comment

Charles Lloyd Kindred Spirits at the Blue Note in New York April 23-26 and at the Dakota on April 28. Jazz Fest second weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                            Sturgill AND Crazy Horse? I'm in!
                            Hell yeah! Neil is one of the very few old white rockers I actually look forward to seeing. And Sturgill is on fire these days!

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                              Sadly I’m not. I tapered off the pain meds Sunday and now it’s pure Tylenol, naproxen and marijuana.

Back to the subject- where did the Springsteen rumor come from? Announcement of 2020 tour?
                              New E Street Band album and tour next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X