Autumn Leaves and Snowflakes aka Jazz Fest 2020 Band Rumors and Confirmations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I wasn't even going to Fest when the Q got rained out.
    I went and was so bummed. It was the first Friday that year. Luckily, they still had a gig at Jimmy's. I remember seeing Tommy in a record store on Decatur thumbing through the racks like me and I also saw Terry at Cafe Du Monde.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I went and was so bummed. It was the first Friday that year. Luckily, they still had a gig at Jimmy's. I remember seeing Tommy in a record store on Decatur thumbing through the racks like me and I also saw Terry at Cafe Du Monde.
      They used to get booked at Jimmy's pretty regularly. They did the Decatur Street Tips once and maybe the real Tips once since then, but don't think they've been back since. Yeah, old Tommy hit the record stores in pretty much every city they played. Miss that cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

OK Keep up the good work, and get that bloody ferry going again please.
        thanks

Comment

I just saw Bonnie Raitt is touring across Canada with James Taylor next April into early May so it doesn't look like she will make Jazz Fest.

Comment

I also saw an interview where Susan Tedeschi said TTB is taking 3 months off next year, which would include Jazz Fest time. I hope that is not 100% accurate as they are always great at the Fairgrounds.

Comment

Does the rumor mill seem more quiet than usual? Hangover from the 50th Anniversary?

Comment

Brittany Howard's new spring dates would seem to align with a Fairgrounds appearance.

Comment

The Who will play in Cincinnati on first jazzfest Thursday, April 23. The concert will be the first time they have returned to play there since the tragedy at the Riverfront Coliseum in 1979, and all proceeds will go to an educational charity. So they could be available to play jazzfest first weekend.

Comment

The Who will be there 1st weekend based on their announcement that they will be & their tour schedule. 2nd weekend is not possible

Comment

The Who are playing JF Saturday April 25th- saw it today. Here's the USA 2020 tour dates so far:
                      The Who 2020 Spring Dates

April 21 – Hard Rock Live – Hollywood, FL
                      April 23 – BB&T Arena Northern Kentucky University – Highland Heights, KY
                      April 25 – New Orleans Jazz Fest – New Orleans, LA
                      April 27 – American Airlines Center – Dallas, TX (Rescheduled)
                      April 30 – Toyota Center – Houston, TX (Rescheduled)
                      May 2 – Pepsi Center – Denver, CO (Rescheduled)
                      May 5 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
                      May 7 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
                      May 9 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
                      May 12 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
                      May 14 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
                      May 16 – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV

Comment

I said no more Saturdays...…...I guess I lied.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                          I said no more Saturdays...…...I guess I lied.
                          You wont get fooled again

Comment

Not a rumor but just a guess. The Head and the Heart.
                            They are at Old Settlers the weekend before JF and at
                            Hangout two weekends after JF.

Others at Old Settlers that might make it to JF.

St Paul & the Broken Bones
                            Tanya Tucker
                            JJ Gray & Mofro
                            Molly Tuttle

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

You wont get fooled again
                              I just want to be out there in the field, Miller Light for my meal. Middle age wasteland.

Comment

Not a rumor but I saw The Black Pumas at Longhorn City Limits, a stage set up outside the Texas Longhorns football stadium last Friday in Austin and they were great playing right after the game. It was their first local show since creating a splash at SXSW, releasing their debut album, selling out shows across the country and getting a Grammy Nomination for Best New Artist.

They would be a perfect fit at Jazz Fest. Newer up and coming band that has never played there that is drenched in 60s and 70s soul and psychedelia. The singer Eric Burton is the best front man/lead singer that I have seen in a very long time and guitarist/producer Adrian Quesada has been in many other interesting Austin bands(Grupo Fantasma, Brownout, Glorietta, Money Chicha, Ocote Soul Sounds, Spanish Gold, The Echocentrics, The Electric Peanut Butter Company).

Comment

Working...
                                X