Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

I don't like the first video, presents her as just another "chick singer"
    I'm impressed by her outstanding guitar playing!
    Bald?... is she a cancer/ chemo victim?????
    She has alopecia areata. She has become comfortable with not always wearing a wig.

https://www.mollytuttlemusic.com/alopeciaareata

Comment

• Shawn Colvin is in Atlanta first Sunday...love her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omardad View Post
        As a headliner at nearby Hangout fest two weeks later, RHCP will not be a jazzfest.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryFest View Post

Someone working on this project recently created a Talking Heads (Official) account on Instagram which renewed interest on the FB page leading to renewed rumor and hope of a true Talking Heads reunion. David, Tina and Chris have all denied this past week. I did see Tina, Chris and Jerry perform together about 25 years ago (hoping David would show) and understandably it ain't the same.
          As much as I would love to see it, I do not believe there will ever be a Talking Heads reunion. I recently saw Byrne's show on Broadway and he looks to be having the time of his life. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tagram-926452/

Comment

• "As a headliner at nearby Hangout fest two weeks later, RHCP will not be at Jazzfest."

Really? Care to elaborate?

I know about exclusion zones and that kind of thing, but if memory serves, the Allman Brothers played Mobile right before Jazzfest one year. I can also think of acts playing Memphis In May and Jazzfest on the same weekend, much less the same month.

Alabama is not really "nearby" New Orleans. You are talking about 150-200 miles away. I don't think Hangout or Jazzfest would have a problem with the Peppers doing both, but I am willing to be proven wrong if you know something I don't.

Comment

• Agreed, playing the Hangout Fest would not stop them from paying Fest as well. They did play Fest a couple years ago, so not sure they'd be back so soon

Comment

• Originally posted by RobJohnson View Post
                "As a headliner at nearby Hangout fest two weeks later, RHCP will not be at Jazzfest."

Really? Care to elaborate?

I know about exclusion zones and that kind of thing, but if memory serves, the Allman Brothers played Mobile right before Jazzfest one year. I can also think of acts playing Memphis In May and Jazzfest on the same weekend, much less the same month.

Alabama is not really "nearby" New Orleans. You are talking about 150-200 miles away. I don't think Hangout or Jazzfest would have a problem with the Peppers doing both, but I am willing to be proven wrong if you know something I don't.
                There are indeed exclusion clauses in performance contracts for both time and distance, and I expect that is why you will not see RHCP at jazzfest this year. Mobile is 140 mi from New Orleans and is promoting a weekend long festival, an event that directly competes with jazzfest although the audience demographics do differ. A single concert in Memphis is probably not viewed in the same light at a distance of 400 miles.

I am fairly certain that a headliner at Hangout Fest has not played Jazzfest the same year.
                Last edited by windowman; 12-21-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post

As much as I would love to see it, I do not believe there will ever be a Talking Heads reunion. I recently saw Byrne's show on Broadway and he looks to be having the time of his life. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tagram-926452/
                  I can't imagine them being any better than Byrne's current band and show although I guess they could have better setlists. Glad I saw them a few times back in the day but that was then plus having Bernie Worrell, Nona Hendrix, Busta Jones, Steve Scales and Adrian Belew helped make the so special live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quint View Post
                    This place, lol. Rev, bless your heart.
                    ??????

Comment

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

??????
                      See post #107 and win a prize. Bless your heart.

Comment

Tickets to Molly Hatchet ?? Lol.....

Comment

Still makes no sense. Molly Hatchet & Molly Tuttle? No connection other than the name

Comment

• Stop Flogging Molly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                              Stop Flogging Molly!
                              Molly Put The Kettle On

Comment

• Top definition

Molly

The most amazing and perfect person you’ll ever meet. She is smart, funny, caring, beautiful, and loving. She loves compliments even if she denies them to be true. Super fun to hang out with. You’ll find yourself to be lucky if you have a Molly in your life.

Person 1: Isn’t Molly just perfect?
                                Person 2: I totally love her.

Comment

Working...
                                X