1st weekend Four Days in 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st weekend Four Days in 2020!

I just noticed that 1st weekend is going to be 4 days in 2020. Anybody else notice this? I'm excitd as that's the weekend I'll be going this year. Guess it went well last year...

Yup. They announced it when they announced the dates right after the Jazzfest! What a nice surprise!

Comment

Wonder how they will work the Brass Passes with this new development. I asked the OZ folks at their tent during the CCBBQ when the passes would be on sale, and they just shook their heads and said that they didn't know either.

Comment

It's definitely a fest-gluttony first-world problem, but if I'm waffling on the Brass Pass it's because of the 8 days. I can't be the only TH who feels conflicted about missing a fest day, or days, vs. missing out on enjoying non-fest city activities, like LMF in-stores, traipsing about with no plan, eating, eating again, etc. My thinking now is to arrive late/leave early on "slow" days to ensure that I actually visit New Orleans this time out.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
          It's definitely a fest-gluttony first-world problem, but if I'm waffling on the Brass Pass it's because of the 8 days. I can't be the only TH who feels conflicted about missing a fest day, or days, vs. missing out on enjoying non-fest city activities, like LMF in-stores, traipsing about with no plan, eating, eating again, etc. My thinking now is to arrive late/leave early on "slow" days to ensure that I actually visit New Orleans this time out.
          Yep, and stay in the Marigny/Quarter this time so your closer to the non Fest action !!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Yep, and stay in the Marigny/Quarter this time so your closer to the non Fest action !!
            done!

Comment

There's not much info on the brass pass page, but one thing they are explicit about is that the pass will be valid all days:

We are very excited that the 2020 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival will span 8 days!

The new 8 day WWOZ Brass Passes will be on sale soon so stay tuned!

A WWOZ Brass Pass is your ticket to 8 days of Jazz Fest...
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                Yup. The last few years I've bought the brass pass and then sold one of the weekends. Last year I sold both weekends. I may buy again and then see what the lineup is. I've cut my fairgrounds daze in half or even less the past few years. the reality is if I want to do night shows, I can't do fairgrounds every day. Sooo much to see and do.

Comment

Working...
                X