Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Who, Dead and Co, Foo Fighters, Tedeschi Trucks, Avett Brothers, Lizzo, Wilco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

The two best in my opinion. Followed by Anders and Warren.
    Jimmy Herring and John Mclaughlin doing Mahavishnu a couple of years ago seared. Be tough to top but I'd like to hear them try!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobJohnson View Post
      I am still holding out hope for the long rumored Derek/Jimmy Herring project. I have heard them both talk about it, and they have unmatched chemistry together. Maybe someday...
      Sigh. You can't always get what you want, but..............

https://youtu.be/YW_Ai2jgZGE

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Love TTB, but it seems whenever someone posts highlights of a show or video/audio, it's always a cover song. Here's hoping they can write some classic originals that might stand out in their sets.
        The link had a video of Hear Me from Let Me Get By album - it was a debut to a setlist there in Macon. The price for my seat in Macon was $215 for 2 tickets in the 5th row center and it was a benefit for the Big House Museum pretty fair in my book. Tickets for Red Rocks are $50 for GA and that is really reasonable - it's hard to make money at .0007 a play these days and keep a band with 12 on the road - I guess if Derek was in it for the money he's strip back down to a smaller band. Not sure where the idea is that they are expensive - tickets in KC are $50 for orchestra tomorrow night.

They still play some DTB tunes from time to time(Chevrolet, Get What you deserve) - although with Kofi's death I don't think you'll be hearing them as often - I do miss Kofi immensely - especially the flute. As for Tim - seems odd that he wants to stretch out but is with the Crowes this summer. I would like to hear TTB write something as immense as Wiser Time right about now - but hell Rich and Chris haven't either. Alecia seems to be taking over on Bound for Glory and gets a nice spotlight with it nowadays - I agree a solo song would be great. I've been to a few shows where it seems like Mike gets about every other song - He's really good on Down in the Flood I could hear that forever.

Still in the end I get a little bit from all parts of the American Songbook - some straight Blues, Soul, Funk, Country, Americana - songwriters like Dylan, Toussaint, Willie, Prine, Russell- all from a super tight 12 piece band - and I get some Derek guitar on top. They are taking a big touring break after February - I imagine it is time for some soul searching for them, they need it IMO as your criticism is somewhat warranted - but so far on this little tour they have played some different stuff. I love this band no one does it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by netdrew View Post

As for Tim - seems odd that he wants to stretch out but is with the Crowes this summer.
          Without TTB, he has way more time to play the experimental jazz that he loves. He just did a run of shows with various artists in the NYC Winter Jazz Fest and then flew off to Asia. Since the Black Crowes tour is mostly about making money for the Robinsons, I would imagine he views it similarly. I don't think they're going to be a regularly touring band, so he's just a hired gun for the tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by netdrew View Post
            They are taking a big touring break after February - I imagine it is time for some soul searching for them, they need it IMO as your criticism is somewhat warranted .
            Probably stuff needs doing at their new 100 acre property

Comment

Probably stuff needs doing at their new 100 acre property
              Hopefully they'll stop by our little Teton Valley for another visit. They dug playing Targhee Fest a couple times and came out for our total solar eclipse a couple summers ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tye 1on View Post

Hopefully they'll stop by our little Teton Valley for another visit. They dug playing Targhee Fest a couple times and came out for our total solar eclipse a couple summers ago.
                Susan is such a grounded and down to earth person that I can totally see her enjoying something like that.

Comment

Susan is such a grounded and down to earth person that I can totally see her enjoying something like that.
                  Totally. I buddy of mine guided her fishing the next day and said she was a treat to have onboard.

Comment

• Tim Lefebvre will always be a hero to me for playing on Blackstar. Big props to Donny McCaslin and the band for that. I saw them in September 2018 in Portland and it was clear their work with Bowie still resonated.

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post

Great job!!

now tell me about some night shows...
                      Oysterhead at the Joy Thester for a night show.

Comment

• Osyterhead at the joy. please tell me more What date or which weekend ?

Comment

• need more deeeeeeeeeeeets on the Oysterhead rumors .....

Comment

• Has anyone here actually heard Oysterhead perform live before?

Comment

• Follow the Oysterhead rumors here: https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...ng-to-jazzfest
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• I can't speak for tuggernuts, but there are only 3 days left at the Joy that make sense: Thursday April 23rd, Friday April 24th and Sunday May 3rd.

Trey is playing in Atlanta April 25th and 26th, so you can definitely cross those days off the list for first weekend. The Joy is booked every day 2nd weekend except for Sunday May 3rd.

One caveat is they could be playing a late night show AFTER the already announced shows at the Joy on 2nd weekend. I think Trey's days of playing shows that start at 2 AM are behind him, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X