Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line-up to be announced Thursday!

This is not a drill!!

Who will be the first to complain about it?

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
      This is not a drill!!
      Link ?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
        My money is on the Rev, unless Dead and Company are on the bill. Then Lord Horror followed by everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
          Not if they are a headliner as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

...unless Dead and Company are on the bill. Then Lord Horror followed by everybody else.
            He already filed a pre-emptive complaint with me in person on Friday. I tried to remind him that there are eleven other stages, and no one will force him to hear Grateful Dead songs played very very slowly, but he was inconsolable. The rant continued until I was able to distract him with a set of music by Steven Bernstein's Millennial Territory Orchestra, who mercifully did not play their signature rendition of "Ripple."

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

He already filed a pre-emptive complaint with me in person on Friday. I tried to remind him that there are eleven other stages, and no one will force him to hear Grateful Dead songs played very very slowly, but he was inconsolable. The rant continued until I was able to distract him with a set of music by Steven Bernstein's Millennial Territory Orchestra, who mercifully did not play their signature rendition of "Ripple."
              You clearly missed the Sugaree teaser in the St Louis Blues suite.
              I'm thinking of attending the lineup presser on Thursday, and plan to heckle all of the crappy Dead and irrelevant acts, as they are announced.

Comment

Thank goodness! Then we can stop arguing over who we want them to book, and start arguing over who they DID book. Now that's progress!

All kidding aside, definitely psyched to hear the basic lineup. We still have to wait for the cubes, but this at least gives you enough info to decide what days you want to go to the Fairgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Link ?
                  Posted by the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

Posted by the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on twitter.
                    Thanks !!

Comment

People I’m really excited for the lineup announcement Thursday. hopefully it is interesting enough to keep my two friends who keep saying they’ll be at jazz fest this year from throwing in the towel.
                      I’m also excited to spend thursday afternoon whining and complaining with you cranky old folks. The countdown is on!
                      Last edited by fichadelphia; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                        People I’m really excited for the lineup announcement tomorrow. hopefully it is interesting enough to keep my two friends who keep saying they’ll be at jazz fest this year from throwing in the towel.
                        I’m also excited to spend tomorrow afternoon whining and complaining with you cranky old folks. The countdown is on!
                        Yep...we'll get to see the whooping and hollering, both good and bad, on Thursday. A lot of it from people who will be there no matter who is playing. Bring it on!!

Comment

That is all fine & dandy, but the more important question remains; who is playing the Patry?

Comment

Is it only jazz at Jazz Fest???? .... waiting in antici............................................ .......pation

Comment

I can't believe they put ____________ in the friggin Blues Tent.

Comment

Working...
                              X